Dads old toy shop finds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads old toy shop finds.

As I mentioned in a previous post, My Dad owned a toy shop in the 70's Called Toyland, which was based in Thorne Near Doncaster, at the end of the 70's he decided to concentrate on ventures and eventually admitted it was no longer profitable, a few years later I was born and then in 1983 we moved from Thorne into Doncaster, Now we are moving finally after 25 years in this house and I'm tackling the loft which to my suprise has already yielded some great things however I'm told the following Toy was something from his shop and I'm told to expect more along the way so anything I find I will post on here for you all to have a look at (please excuse the dust).

To Kick things off I found this earlier haven't had time to clean it as I am off to work shortly, this find is called The Story Board, The soldier & The tinder box made by north way products and is an illustrated story board will take some more Pics of it when i get home later.

Last edited by sixtyten; 30-04-2008, 15:36.

Re: Dads old toy shop finds.

Wow! This has the makings of a great thread

Comment

Hi all,
      As promised here is another picture of the story board I found in the loft earlier for you all to have a look at.

Last edited by sixtyten; 01-05-2008, 01:46.

Comment

Well yet another find only just photographed it checked in with dad and this is certainly one from his old shop, buried in an old suitcase, he told me he salvaged it as he was very into model trains and wanted to use this and forgot about it (FOR 25 YEARS!) it came out of the case as clean as it is in the picture Don't know much about model trains but I do know rovex closed its doors years ago Tri-ang I think is still on the go and hornsby im not sure, sadly my excitement isn't off the charts on this one but still intrigued me. He reckons theres more train Items up there but I have yet to find any, I did find some old 1930's Magazines underneath this though in the case.

Last edited by sixtyten; 01-05-2008, 01:46.

Comment

Yet another find from the loft and yet again in another suitcase this is A plastic Revolionary war cannon model kit made by Palmer plastics inc in brooklyn New york city, again never used or opened by the looks of it and again confirmed to be from the old toy shop stock.

Will try and get more pics of it later

Last edited by themaskofangel; 01-05-2008, 13:05.

Comment

I wouldnt have a clue if this kinda thing makes much on Ebay im good with 80's figures etc never been into model building, hopefully im gonna come across something that is more fun.

Comment

It looks quite rare to me

Comment

Well some this stuff I'll probably E-bay some I might keep, doubtful me or my dad are going to want to keep the model stuff. I collect Movie figures and My dad collects toy cars etc.

Comment

Its shown on here
                  http://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysold...OtherUSA2.html

Comment

Wow Daz how do you do that your My toy guru from here on in.

Comment

Here is a another pic of the model cannon. everything looks to be there even the material rope and the glue although looks like the box has been squashed at some point.

Comment

Heres something I missed, good job I went back up think I dropped these after coming out of the loft, sadly for me its more model train set items, however I do like the price tag on the front, I didnt just find one of these I found three of them all identical, also like the made In west germany for playcraft.

Comment

My Apologies for not posting on this for a few days, have been snowed under at work, however will be venturing into the abyss (the loft) again tomorrow and will post if I find anything interesting (preferably nothing related to model trains).

Comment

I recently sold the Palmer Plastics WW1 artillery piece on ebay..made £17 IIRC

Nice kit..brass pieces

but, more importantly.....
                            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

was your dad's toy shop on the left, after you cross the canal bridge?

if so that is soooo spooky...I was only thinking of that shop yesterday (one of Daz's photos shows a Tonka advert...my parent's bought my Tonkas from there in the early 70's)

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
                              X