The soft drinks YO-YO craze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The soft drinks YO-YO craze

Yeah. In the 90s, an American guy from the Coca Cola company came to our high school to give a demonstration of what you could do with one. Because it wasn't an American school, and we Ulsterites didn't have American attitudes to things, he didn't get much of a crowd, or much applause/whooping. I think he found that a bit odd. A classmate and I spoke to him when we eventually were making our way around the school - he was in the assembly hall - and he was a really nice guy. Cute too, lovely dark complexion, dark hair and eyes. Very 'American' if you get me, everything was 'cool' and 'awesome', he could be a bit over the top, we just weren't used to seeing people like that in person.
    - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
    - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I bet. I had never met an American when I was at school and I think I would have been overwhelmed by a Ken doll-esque shouty excitable person bearing yo-yos. It's a step above the usual fare of bearded Morris dancers with one tooth!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Well, where I come from, Ulster, Morris Dancers are non-existant. He wasn't as brash as most Americans you see on television, he came across as quite quiet and he was very pleasant and well mannered. It was just his natural demeanour that was very American, very over-confident.
        - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
        - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I remember around 1975-76 there was a big Yo Yo craze at our school though it wasn't connected with Coca-Cola or any other soda. And for some reason instead of Morris dancers and people demonstrating yo yo tricks, we used to get ventriloquist acts.

Comment

Working...
          X