Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember putting superhero transfers on your arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember putting superhero transfers on your arms?

Anyone remember, back in the mid-70s, buying packets of superhero transfers? And in this case, I mean ones that you put on your arms, like tattoos.

They came on little sheets, and you cut them up and pressed them face down on your arm (yes, you might have seen the odd kid or two with them on his legs or forehead), then used a wet flannel or similar to press/soak them on. Then you'd carefully peel off the back and you had a superhero on your arm.

They were detailed and colourful, but delicate, like transfers you put on model planes.

I'm pretty sure they were DC rather than Marvel, as I remember Green Arrow and The Flash. And included were sound effect bubbles like Ka-pow and the like (I think).

I loved them. Anyone else remember them?

They put me on until the bubblegum machines appeared with the books of little tattoos in that are mentioned in a bubblegum thread elsewhere.

...James

Re: Remember putting superhero transfers on your arms?

I remember them, great fun, We use to plaster them all over our arms.
    They still give them away today in things like Spiderman Candy canes/sweet cigarettes to you and me They also do hulk ones, still the same old method wet sponge,press, and count to 20 LOL. Some of the designs I have to say are quite cool.
    Heather

Comment

Ahh yes indeed i remember these well thnx for reminding me.

yep i remember kids at school having them all over them.
      Nice to know they are still about as u say but ur post is 7 yrs ago tho.:d

Originally posted by heather74 View Post
      i remember them, great fun, we use to plaster them all over our arms.
      They still give them away today in things like spiderman candy canes/sweet cigarettes to you and me they also do hulk ones, still the same old method wet sponge,press, and count to 20 lol. Some of the designs i have to say are quite cool.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember these well. I think we had to wet our arm first with a damp sponge or cloth. A better way was to lick your arm. There was always one clown who licked the transfer!!!!
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I remember some bubble gum used to come with transfer tattoos.

They stuck on very well, & needed a good scrub to get them off.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X