Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon

Frank Cannon, private investigator, was played by William Conrad. At the end of every episode, he cooked a meal for his clients. The series was a Quinn Martin production.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Cannon

Originally posted by remember View Post
    Frank Cannon, private investigator, was played by William Conrad. At the end of every episode, he cooked a meal for his clients. The series was a Quinn Martin production.

More...
    I remember the big fellow well. He also drove a marvellous Lincoln Continental which I deeply envied at the time!
    Last edited by Silver Bear; 09-11-2017, 19:01.

Comment

In fact he had more than one Lincoln, but its the ice-blue Mark IV I remember best.

Wikipedia: "The
      obese Frank Cannon had expensive tastes, especially in food and automobiles. His primary vehicle was an ice-blue 1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV, but over the course of the series' run, his ride would range from a 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III to a 1976 Mark IV model. Cannon's vehicles had various color schemes; dark over light blue exteriors, with interiors ranging from red velour to dark-blue leather."

Comment

watch

Cannon theme tune to bring back memories.

Comment

He was a son of a gun .

Comment

Cannon was a show I would always watch when I saw it in programme listings. This was at a time when TV cops/private eyes would often have a gimmick. Cannon was overweight, Ironside was wheelchair-bound, Longstreet was Blind, Harry O had a bullet in his back etc. Also, Quinn Martin productions always had those voice-over title sequences: Cannon, Streets of San Francisco, The Invaders and so on. William Conrad was great as Cannon. For obvious reasons he didn't often get into lengthy fights, but that voice of his was so commanding and reassuring.

Comment

He made a guest appearance in an episode of Police Squad
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I recall watching Cannon. But not a regular viewer.
                My favourite American police series was Starsky and Hutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
                  I recall watching Cannon. But not a regular viewer.
                  My favourite American police series was Starsky and Hutch.

I was at secondary school when Starsky & Hutch was on TV and I remember it being very popular with my schoolmates. I was a casual watcher of the series and never a big fan. My favourite U.S. crime series was Harry O, with David Janssen as the world weary private detective. Another series that I liked and now hardly gets a mention was Serpico, a short-lived series spun off from the film.

Comment

I vaguely remember Frank Cannon

Kojak & Ironside seem to be the more well known ones
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post

They all seemed to have physical quirks! Cannon = fat; Kojak = bald; Ironside = crippled; Columbo = scruffy and dippy...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post

Kojak was very popular at the time and the catchphrase was "Who loves ya, baby?" Remember also Kojak and his lollipops?

A very short-lived series was Shaft, with Richard Roundtree reprising his role of John Shaft from the films.

Comment

Working...
                        X