No announcement yet.

Hedgehog flavour crisps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you would drive round them and swerve into oncoming traffic????
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

I'd swerve over to the other side ( if the coast was clear, of course ! ) to kill a rat.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

whats wrong with rats, they are loving animals that snuggle in your neck, its easy to dodge a hedgehog if you try,
        sigpic

Comment

I'd never kill a pet or tamed rat, bumble.
          Tho I've heard of very brave people who'd swerve, accelerate, etc.to purposely kill a cat....

Comment

those people should be run over themselves then or severly beaten, sick i think,
            sigpic

Comment

Hear hear

Comment

I remember them.

They were made in a factory outside Newport in South Wales (near where I live). They got a LOT of press.

The story goes that they asked various tramps and old farmers to describe the hedgehog taste. Apparently, to prepare hedghog this is what you do...

[slips into Jamie Oliver mode]

Kill your hedgehog and wrap it in clay. Then throw it on a fire of bake in an oven. When cooked you pull the clay coating off which also removes the spines. Eat with garnish.

So what did they taste like? Contrary to what people say above, they were OK and tasted not unlike mild smokey bacon with a delicate flavour.

I ate loads of packets of them.

It's just the idea of eating hedgehog which makes you go Eeewwwwwwww. But there are plenty of people who think the idea of eating a pig is equally as disgusting.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I thought they were nice. They had a nice strong flavour to them. I was only very young and did believe they were Hedgehog flavoured!!

Comment

Dean80s:
                    HOW ON EARTH COULD ANYONE LOVE HEDGEHOGS???? THEY ARE SLOW, NOT NICE TO LOOK AT,FULL OF FLEAS AND TICKS AND THEY DONT KNOW THE GREEN CROSS CODE!!!!!
                    Hedgehogs aren't slow. They're actually surprisingly fast! You'd know that if you'd ever seen one going at full pelt. You know Sonic The Hedgehog? Based on fact!

Comment

squirrel

I nearly ran over a squirrel this morning whilst out on my paper-round
                      Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

there was allso alligator and crocodile flavour crisps around at one time but never tried them.theres also parsnips crisps in shop down the road(trust me you dont want those)
                        kernow bys vyken

Comment

I remember these hedgehog crisps came out not long after "Not the nine O'clock news" had the "squashed" hedgehog in their "I Love Truckin" sketch,for some reason it was only our local chippie that stocked them,and must admit i quite liked the taste,las time i remember seeing them would be easy 20yrs ago

and as for the green cross code and hedgehogs..........a small tip/hint for you all if a hedgehog is crossing in front of you while your driving along......if you stop with yer lights on(obviously they are nocturnal) they will freeze on the spot 99% of the time,so best stop,put yer lights off and let them cross safely...........and as for these sick ppl who think its cool to run over something thats living got no time for them whatsover

Comment

I remember Hedgehog crisps, but as the brand, not the flavour. The sandwich shop that used to be on the corner of Wardour Street and the road leading to the market stocked cheese and onion flavour Hedgehog crisps, and to my recollection, they were the most cheesiest and onioniest crisps I ever tasted. The strength of the flavour put Golden Wonder, Smiths, Ringos etc. firmly in second place. We (my brother and I) didn't get them very often, a rare treat if my mum had time to buy some, but when we did get a pack each, we were never disappointed with the flavour, as you sometimes are with other brands.
                            Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Re: Hedgehog flavour crisps....

Originally posted by dean80's View Post
                              did anyone actually ever like them, and what flavour were they really?
                              I can remember them, I only ever had one bag of them, I can remember the colour of the bag still, it was a light brown colour. They tasted to me like a bag of chicken flavoured chrisps that had been left open for a while, you know the taste crisps get when the air has got at them for a bit.
                              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Re: Hedgehog flavour crisps....

Click image for larger version

Name:	HEDGEHOG_CRISPS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	260021

A last..the proof for all you disbelievers

Comment

Working...
                                X