Hedgehog flavour crisps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedgehog flavour crisps....

did anyone actually ever like them, and what flavour were they really?

Modorators edit:- for more information on Hedgehog Crisps
    http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memor...avoured-crisps
    Last edited by Heather74; 19-12-2007, 14:42.
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Are You Making This Up???!!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

no honestly... they were around in the mid 80's.

Comment

i never saw em
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

i remember them they were yaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

what kind of flavour were they?

Comment

cant remember.... help, i need to know

Comment

they were pork fat flavour! disgusting! someone has written a good description on the main page in the memories part! i was only 2 when they introduced them no wonder i don't remember!

Comment

pork fat? Ewwwwwwwww >.<
                  Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

kinda like pork scratching flavour!!!!! EWWWWW

Comment

Kind of generic meaty flavour.. I don't think they ever claimed to be hedgehog flavour, just the manufacturer was called Hedgehog.. but they never discouraged people from thinking the flavour was genuine hedgehog, as it made for better marketing presumably

Comment

I was looking at various "Hedgehog" websites recently and came across excerpts taken from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, of January 1992 about the success of Hedgehog Foods Ltd whose owner Philip Lewis in 1981 decided to produce "hedgehog flavoured" crisps (potato chips). This made hedgehog lovers angry for they feared that the crisps were made from hedgehog. They were in fact flavoured with pork fat so Britain's Office of Fair Trading in 1982 hauled Mr Lewis into court for false advertising. Mr.Lewis produced evidence by interviewing gypsies as to what "baked hedgehog" tasted like; commisioned a flavourings expert to duplicate the flavour; changed the labels from "hedgehog flavoured" to "hedgehog flavour" and thus satisfied the authorities and the hedgehog lovers.

A cut and paste for you all that brought back a memory or two for me.

Woff

Comment

My Dad used to insist that they were made of hedgehogs, and for some obscure reason me and my sister used to want to eat them even more! We were obviously weirdos!

Comment

Originally posted by Woffski
                            I was looking at various "Hedgehog" websites recently and came across excerpts taken from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, of January 1992 about the success of Hedgehog Foods Ltd whose owner Philip Lewis in 1981 decided to produce "hedgehog flavoured" crisps (potato chips). This made hedgehog lovers angry for they feared that the crisps were made from hedgehog. They were in fact flavoured with pork fat so Britain's Office of Fair Trading in 1982 hauled Mr Lewis into court for false advertising. Mr.Lewis produced evidence by interviewing gypsies as to what "baked hedgehog" tasted like; commisioned a flavourings expert to duplicate the flavour; changed the labels from "hedgehog flavoured" to "hedgehog flavour" and thus satisfied the authorities and the hedgehog lovers.

A cut and paste for you all that brought back a memory or two for me.

Woff
                            hedgehog lovers????????

HOW ON EARTH COULD ANYONE LOVE HEDGEHOGS???? THEY ARE SLOW, NOT NICE TO LOOK AT,FULL OF FLEAS AND TICKS AND THEY DONT KNOW THE GREEN CROSS CODE!!!!!

Comment

oooh hedgehogs are lovely dont pick on them.
                              i had these crisps when i was at school they tasted of beef flavour, i do remember them dissapering.
                              they do know the green cross code, but people drive to fast and dont look where they are going they can go around them or line them up so they go under the car not the wheels,
                              you bully dean80
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X