Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlord Secret Agent

Hi all,
    Does anyone remember being a Warlord Secret Agent? To join you had to crack a code which I think spelt out "Peter means Flint". You then sent it off with your postal order and you received a superb brown or black Secret agent wallet containing an ID card, a Code book,several message cards and also a Winged "W" badge.
    There was articles in the comic for Agents only which you had to decode first and it was all taken very seriously. We had our own Warlord Hideout and we were armed with sekaden guns which fired little golden plastic pellets.
    At school we had secret places to leave our Warlord messages...It was great! I was also a member of the Fireball Club with Warlords sister comic "Bullet" This had a red wallet with the ID card and an example of Fireballs training program. You had a a large Black medallion to wear with the Fireball emblem in gold...Those were the days!
    Oggie.

I used to read both and joined both

Comment

Re: Warlord Secret Agent

Blimey Daz,
      That brings it all flooding back! Somewhere here I have a Warlord free gift you may remember and is advertised on your no.1 issue called "Badges of the Brave".
      You collected Gold foil badges of British Military Units and stuck them in an album.If I find it I'll post a picture.
      Oggie.

Comment

Remember these?

Comment

I do I've still got it!

Comment

Gotta better picture? Are they deffo from Warlord?

Comment

The "For Valour" dosn't ring any Warlord bells with me.Could it be from The Victor?
              Anyone remember the ring free gift from "Bullet" with the different pictures you could stick on like skull & crossbones?
              Oggie.

Comment

Sure do,, issue 2 was the survival guide, issue 3 was snap together airplanes
                Click image for larger version

Name:	8007_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	258306

Comment

I feel sorry for the kids of today.I'm sure they dont have the same fun as we had and I doubt they get comics of this quality! I just found my Victor Annual 1974.. I'd forgotten how good it was
                  Oggie.

Comment

Heather

Comment

Comment

Heather

Comment

You know I still feel a tremor of excitement seeing these!
                          Being reminded of one item leads to memories of something else. In this case its the dens we used to make,the friends I had,my georgeous Raleigh Arena (I still ride one but its the 10 speed GT and not my original 5 speed).
                          Being able to play football in the street, including at night under the streetlight. (its now end to end cars!)
                          Telling ghost stories until we were scared to go home alone! Camping out in friends gardens and going exploring at 3am with Adventure kit torches. Playing the game we invented called "Spotlight" which involved walking the streets at night and when a car came you had to evade its headlights! This involved diving into ditches,gardens, brooks or whatever it took to escape the spotlight! Its no wonder that I eventually joined the Army, I was already fully trained by Lord Peter Flint and Fireball!!
                          Great times,great memories!
                          Oggie.
                          Last edited by Oggie; 10-05-2008, 07:13.

Comment

Comics like that just dont' exist in the UK anymore, unfortunately. Even the ones that do have strips are bogged down with pages and pages of badly laid-out, press release, tat. Good stories and artwork are definitely a low priority.

Alas, I can't see them coming back, either. Although there's quite a few small press 'oldies' that are trying to do UK-style anthology comics I'd be very surprised if any of them cracked mainstream distribution and were actually available to kids. It's a shame. Although kids have loads of other distractions these days (although we did, too) I'm sure a lot would respond to a great comic with stuff that made them really feel like they belonged to a club. There's a UK book publisher trying their hand at a new UK comic at http://www.thedfc.co.uk/ but it's subscription only so it'll be interesting to see how it fares.

Edit - seeing as I was having a nostalgia fest this morning I reckoned I should start the Saturday as I used to so I dug out these and had a read

Last edited by Wil; 10-05-2008, 12:14.

Comment

Ok, had a hunt around this morning and here it is!

And yes, it is from Warlord. It says 'Presented With WARLORD' inside, top right.

Bugger, I'm missing the Royal National Lifeboat Institution medal.

and the VC's peeling off a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X