Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Parlanchin

Anyone remember Mr Parlanchin?
    He was a ventriloquist doll. He had bright ginger spiky hair a dogtooth jacket & cap and black trousers. At night I used to think he was quite scarey and I think I had a nightmare about him coming to life
    I ended up shooting him to bits with my .177 Air rifle!
    Oggie.
    Last edited by sixtyten; 10-05-2008, 00:13.

Re: Mr Perlecan

you were close with the name..Mr Parlanchin(fixed by Daz now in your original post)

Ekk he's come cack to haunt you!!!

He's being sold on Ebay for £55 if you want another shot at him
    Last edited by Heather74; 31-12-2008, 18:43.
    Heather

Comment

Re: Mr Parlanchin

THATS HIM! He's a brilliant lovable toy by day ...but at night,after Hammer House of Horror, he's there sitting in the darkest corner of the room..Staring at you with those big evil eyes and that wicked grin.. and your thinking to yourself.. I thought saw him move.. LOL.. Thanks Heather

Comment

Yes, I remember him too. My cousin had one. He was a bit freaky!

Comment

Three words spring to mind: Dead Of Night
          Please don't tell anybody
          that we're the real Duran Duran!
          We're just happy pretending
          to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            you were close with the name..Mr Parlanchin(fixed by Daz now in your original post)

Ekk he's come cack to haunt you!!! He's being sold for £55 if you want another shot at him

Comment

Hello

Yes I do remember him no doubt about it. My mum had to throw him out as he was giving me nightmares! and on top of that he moved on his own
              one day! A good few years later I was on a bus and looked out to see another one sat in a shop window I nearly fell off the seat!

Comment

Thats me at 12 yrs of age new years day 1972, with the disturbing toy vent doll on my knee, surrounded by strange members of my family and friends.
                I loved the ginger headed little chap and although I couldn't throw my voice,
                I did give an impromptu show where I sat behind a curtain and Mr P "spoke"
                to the masses.
                This original ended up being given away to a nasty destructive little child
                who wrecked it within seconds of having it, I recently found a pretty much
                mint one, one a local tip, in a plastic bag, it had been used by a bloke for kids parties, and after a bit of a wash, he is as new.

sigpic
                Don't worry Cheryl....
                I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Hi Folks!

I still have Frankie. He's been living with me since 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

Ekk he's come cack to haunt you!!!

He's being sold on Ebay for £55 if you want another shot at him
                    I had one of those too.Dammed if i know what happened to him.Parents proberly got rid.They got rid of all my toys by my 11th birthday.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FaceAche View Post
                      Hi Folks!

Here's Frankie. He's been living with me since 1976.
                      Now that is damn scary!

Is this the one that came in a coffin shaped box?
                      Intriqued to know why they needed to make a ventriloquist doll of a character that essentially does not speak

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                        Is this the one that came in a coffin shaped box?
                        That's the one. Got him from a little shop in Shepherds Bush in Nov '76, but I think he was already old stock by then - a bit dusty.

The following week we were shipped to the colonies.

None of the stewards on the ship would clean our cabin until Frankie was hidden, because they thought he was a bad omen.

Here's how that ship (the SS Australis) ended up, years later...

... but it wasn't Frankie's fault. Honest.

Comment

Spooky!
                          I remember seeing him for sale in the Xmas catalogues.
                          Still got the box?

Comment

No, the box didn't last a day.

I'd love to see a scan of those Xmas catalogues though. There's not much info about Frankie on the web.

Comment

Hi there, my mr P came to live with me recently, I'm in London, I used to have him when I was a kid, though it may have actually been 'Peter Patter' that I had, he seems very scarce as Mr P keeps turning up on ebay, but no sign of his long lost cousin yet! I've called my Mr P Harry Parlanchin, and mine has had a make over , new hair in black and matching eyebrows, I had to fix the eyes and mouth but amazing what a bit of elastic can do! and here is his very own website, http://theamazingparlanchinbros.weebly.com/index.html

Here he is

Comment

Working...
                              X