Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H.R puf'n'stuf

does anyone remember this?

i have been trying to find this for ages but i was lookin under "magic flute" which is what i thought it was called for some reason.
    anyway i loved this program but it never seems to get the attention that banana splits etc got .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cdzMzInmTo

Re: H.R puf'n'stuf

I used to have a Puff'nstuff costume. Had to save up tokens for it. (Treets offer IIRC)
    The name was apt, total drug TV
    Last edited by sixtyten; 20-05-2008, 22:36.

Comment

This was a great show although, I have to say was always a little bit scared of the witch in that way where you liked the show a lot and watched it, but were scared all the same (eg the Wizard of Oz).

As a side note, in Australia there was 1960s model of car, the HR Holden. Some were known as HR Puf'n'Stuf (the ones that blew smoke presumably). Not many of them around anymore. A breakfast radio presenter here in Melbourne (on 3RRR) still talks affectionately of hers from years ago.

Comment

I saw some reruns of H.R. Puf 'n' Stuff and Bananas not too long ago. I ran around the house screaming like a banshee when I saw they were on. My boyfriend thought I was a looney toon, but those were way before his time and I miss those shows.
        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Puff 'n' Stuf was one of the first shows I ever saw in colour. I used to go around a friends house on a Saturday morning to catch it.

The 'movie' version is great and the soundtrack has some groovy tunes on it (Mama Cass!)

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
            I used to have a Puff'nstuff costume. Had to save up tokens for it. (Treets offer IIRC)
            The name was apt, total drug TV
            This is what we want!!

Comment

Wow, now all we need is a picture of you wearing it!! Surely Mum must have one somewhere?
              Heather

Comment

Fraid not

Comment

The film of this was on TV here the other week. I recorded it and watched it while hungover, magic!

Comment

you can get pufnstuf on dvd but, 35 years on, Witchie Poo is still a bit scary

Comment

Hi Puff and stuff brilliant ! I rented the first series through tesco dvd (you know where you watch it and post it back) as i always had memories of jack wild and witchey poo! definately hanna and barbera on different planet when you look back very weird !

Comment

Working...
                      X