Eurovision... arggg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision... arggg!

I've come to have a soft spot for Eurovision in the last few years especially as Wogan takes the mick more and more each year but, maybe it was the fact that I watched it with conjunctivitis in both eyes and an ear infection but last night was (pardon my French) bloody awful. Apart from a bit of levity from the more bonkers countries the sheer amount of totally forgettable shouty power ballads made my ears bleed. With the political voting, the whole thing's a farce.

I say dump the songs and turn it into Euro It's A Knockout. At least then we could vent our frustration on the rest of Europe by smashing into them on slippery platforms while wearing giant penguin costumes and listening to Stuart Hall laugh his head off.

Re: Eurovision... arggg!

The voting was so rigged, even Robert Mugabe is demanding a recount

Comment

Wogan is the only thing that makes Eurovision bareable. We tried to watch it here this year but for some reason the feed we got (in AU) was Wogan-less!! (it was some dumb chick and dumber bloke instead)

Comment

I can't help thinking that we should pull out as the whole thing has become a political voting system. It's always been a bit like that but in the past few years it's just got stupid.

I also can not believe that they took Dr. Who off in favour of it.
        Laugh and the world laughs with you.
        But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X