Toy Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Boxes

Did anyone else have a toy box? A special place to keep them when you wasn`t playing with them? We had this big red bin with eyes on it and a hole for a mouth, bit like a post box. Remember being really young and if you could dig deep enough you would find toys that you hadn`t played with in ages or had forgotten about. My parents used to get some toys given to them and then hide in the bottom of the box for us to find. Used to think it was magical and thats were new toys came from lol.

Re: Toy Boxes

No toy box but the cupboard under the stairs was where all toys were supposed to be "tidied" away. There were three of us adding to the cupboard chaos so half the time you'd have to empty it to find what you were looking for. Special toys/games used to find their way under my bed. Once a year (near Xmas) there'd be a massive clear out, but as stuff was being piled up to be chucked out we'd be putting it back 'cos although we may not have seen it for 6 months we couldn't live without it!

Comment

Re: Toy Boxes

My grandad was a bus inspector/driver and we had a toy box made from an old bus seat. It eventually ended up ouside in the garden to sit on in the summer.

Comment

Working...
      X