Battle Beasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Beasts

Battle Beasts originated from a world called Cybertron. Battle Beasts were halr-robot, half-beast and every one had the power of one of three elements - Wood, Water and Fire. Originally a spinoff of the Transformers Battle Beasts were created by Takara in Japan in the mid-80s. However, in 1987 they were introduced to America by Hasbro where four different series were produced. Each Battle Beast had a heat sensitive patch on the front of their chest that when rubbed would reveal their element power and a separate weapon. There were also different vehicles and transforming bases that could be used in game play.The names of the Battle Beasts always included their animal type and their main character trait. For example, Battle Beasts in the first series included Pirate Lion, Killer Carp, Gruesome Gator and Gargantuan Gorilla. Altogether there were 76 different characters, each with their own weapon in the Battle Beasts collection.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Battle Beasts

Comment

I remember the ads & seeing them in toy shops, but can't remember knowing anyone who had any.

The fire, wood, water was a bit like paper, scissors, stone.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My mate had a few, I remember a shark, a bear and one with pink armour which I think was a giraffe or something. Nice idea with the chest plates, didn't know about the paper/scissors/stone thing, I just thought they were in different tribes or gangs.

Comment

Working...
        X