Zoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoids

Zoids spawned the Starriors line in the 1980s and went through a few incarnations, such as regular Zoids in the early 80s and Robo Strux later in the decade.Zoids were basically motorized models that required no glue or paint for assembly. They enjoyed more success in Japan and the line started up again in August '99.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Zoids

Originally posted by remember View Post
    Zoids spawned the Starriors line in the 1980s and went through a few incarnations, such as regular Zoids in the early 80s and Robo Strux later in the decade.Zoids were basically motorized models that required no glue or paint for assembly. They enjoyed more success in Japan and the line started up again in August '99.

More...
    im not surprised they where more well known and popular in japan.

would love to get my hands on them again.
    does anywhere in the uk sell these.

yes i remember you had to put them together a bit like building model boats.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had 3-4 of these, the plastic used was a little fragile so 1-2 broke easily.

There still was one around at my parents house few years ago, might still be there.

Some of them came with a short comic book about them.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

can u remember which ones u had.
        these sadly i never got any of.

some where huge some very small.

there was even a cartoon of it.
        check this link.http://youtu.be/2UoYJHE7h2A

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I had 3-4 of these, the plastic used was a little fragile so 1-2 broke easily.

There still was one around at my parents house few years ago, might still be there.

Some of them came with a short comic book about them.

Comment

I've got loads of these. Mine came from 2006, I used to buy them at my local The Entertainer for 1/2 price as they wanted to clear them, basically, a small sized one which cost £5 was £2.50 and if you bought 2 of any size you got another free - so I did just that...I even ended up with the biggest one of the lot - Zoidzilla. Mine were based on the cartoon ZOIDS NEW CENTURY and ZOIDS CHAOTIC CENTURY. Tomy re-released the Zoids I've got around 2003/4 but due to poor marketing and expensive prices as well as the cartoon not airing here it didn't do well, hence toyshops like my one wanting to sell stock quickly by 2006...The medium sized ones I've got originally priced at £14 so again, half price...My Zoidzilla - re-named Gojulas was £15! Many of my ones were re-coloured and re-named in the new line/cartoon - Trooperzoid became Godos, the black Sabre Toothed Tiger became an Empire Red Zoid, called Zabre Fang instead of Zabre, I re-named him RED ZABRE in honour of REDHORN THE TERRIBLE - IMPERIAL RED MUTANT ZOIDS LEADER from the old UK comics...Znake, another I own became Slithering Snake, no longer silver and red but brown and tan and part of the Republic forces in the 2003 line. Theres loads basically that changed sides in terms of the new marketing at the time. I own so many I've forgot but some of the best ones are my RED HORN, DIMETRODON, re-release of the classic HELCAT which came in a new window box display and a comic but its in Japanese so I can't read it Another one that looked just the same as it did in the original UK line I have is BRACHIOSAUR, which was part of the then new Super 1000's which had a twin speed wind up motor for two functions. I have another called ELEPHANDER, REV RAPTOR, GUYSAK (new name for SCORPOZOID), COMMAND WOLD IRVINE, SHIELD LIGER, to name but a few...I just simply liked building them...great toys. Wish I could still get them so easily and cheaply.

My favourite is RED HORN. I was lucky enough to get mine very cheap from a shop in the Far East called leoshop just by chance after finding them online. Apart from a few subtle differences, the pilots being blue instead of silver and the dark cockpit canopies being green now and perhaps a different shade of darker red for the main body its essentially the same as the original Tomy released in the UK and EU in the 1980s...

Comment

it saddens me these never did well here in the uk even in the eighties.
            ive always loved them but never got the chance to get them.
            and i still want to get them now

yeah redhorn the terrible and ziodzilla where superb looking.
            if i remember in the old cartoons the good side used to fight against each other.

how many in total have you of them.
            and when did you first start collecting them.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
            I've got loads of these. Mine came from 2006, I used to buy them at my local The Entertainer for 1/2 price as they wanted to clear them, basically, a small sized one which cost £5 was £2.50 and if you bought 2 of any size you got another free - so I did just that...I even ended up with the biggest one of the lot - Zoidzilla. Mine were based on the cartoon ZOIDS NEW CENTURY and ZOIDS CHAOTIC CENTURY. Tomy re-released the Zoids I've got around 2003/4 but due to poor marketing and expensive prices as well as the cartoon not airing here it didn't do well, hence toyshops like my one wanting to sell stock quickly by 2006...The medium sized ones I've got originally priced at £14 so again, half price...My Zoidzilla - re-named Gojulas was £15! Many of my ones were re-coloured and re-named in the new line/cartoon - Trooperzoid became Godos, the black Sabre Toothed Tiger became an Empire Red Zoid, called Zabre Fang instead of Zabre, I re-named him RED ZABRE in honour of REDHORN THE TERRIBLE - IMPERIAL RED MUTANT ZOIDS LEADER from the old UK comics...Znake, another I own became Slithering Snake, no longer silver and red but brown and tan and part of the Republic forces in the 2003 line. Theres loads basically that changed sides in terms of the new marketing at the time. I own so many I've forgot but some of the best ones are my RED HORN, DIMETRODON, re-release of the classic HELCAT which came in a new window box display and a comic but its in Japanese so I can't read it Another one that looked just the same as it did in the original UK line I have is BRACHIOSAUR, which was part of the then new Super 1000's which had a twin speed wind up motor for two functions. I have another called ELEPHANDER, REV RAPTOR, GUYSAK (new name for SCORPOZOID), COMMAND WOLD IRVINE, SHIELD LIGER, to name but a few...I just simply liked building them...great toys. Wish I could still get them so easily and cheaply.

My favourite is RED HORN. I was lucky enough to get mine very cheap from a shop in the Far East called leoshop just by chance after finding them online. Apart from a few subtle differences, the pilots being blue instead of silver and the dark cockpit canopies being green now and perhaps a different shade of darker red for the main body its essentially the same as the original Tomy released in the UK and EU in the 1980s...

Comment

I had a few of the smaller ones

OER Hellrunner http://homepage.hispeed.ch/bm-grfx/zoids/2hell.html
              OER Slitherzoid http://homepage.hispeed.ch/bm-grfx/zoids/2slither.html
              OER Terrazoid http://homepage.hispeed.ch/bm-grfx/zoids/2terra.html

I wasn't ever interested enough in Zoids to make them my vitally important xmas or bday present choice but I did enjoy them overall.

Few of you might remember it but Zoids actually had a computer game. It wasn't much to look at and I don't think I ever really understood how to play it but I stuck with it thanks to the great music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtKyHqqXB8g

Comment

PROBABLY BASED ON GODZILLA.

Comment

i don't recall ever seeing those in the shops.

Comment

HI BIG KID
                    THINK I HAD ONE OR TWO OF THEM ALTHO THEY WHERE BIGGER IN JAPAN THAN OVER HERE.
                    THERE WHERE COMICS AS WELL A CARTOON IF I REMEMBER RIGHT.

Comment

I had 3, & one did survive a long it, it might be somewhere at my parents house.

The plastic on some models were quite fragile.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        HI BIG KID
                        THINK I HAD ONE OR TWO OF THEM ALTHO THEY WHERE BIGGER IN JAPAN THAN OVER HERE
                        hi darren, how are you doing ? things like that always seem more popular in japan for some reason. they looked cool though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X