Double dutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double dutch

I remember in the 80`s Michael McLaren singing the Double dutch, which one person jumps rope with two ropes and one or more people jumping simultaneously.
    We were all trying hard in the playground jumping over the ropes, but most of the time, I would hold a rope, as I was useless at doing the jumping.

Re: Double dutch

I have Double Dutch in my favs on youtube

oh Ebbo Ebbo Ebbonettes!
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I remember the song and remember trying to Double Dutch without success. Never did get the hang of it.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Comment

was gonna say Malcolm not michael LOL
          DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Saw the "Vid" on Top of the pops, thought what the hell, I'll give that a go, result=tangled mess of ropes of Youths, great song, terrible for trying to copy the video!!

Comment

It's a shame kids don't seem to be into skipping these days. A length of plastic washing line was a staple bit of kit in the playground or the street. All the girls would take turns to jump in and we'd tie it to the lamp post if there was just two or us. I don't know anybody who could double Dutch though.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                It's a shame kids don't seem to be into skipping these days. A length of plastic washing line was a staple bit of kit in the playground or the street. All the girls would take turns to jump in and we'd tie it to the lamp post if there was just two or us. I don't know anybody who could double Dutch though.
                we skip all the time on the playground at school..........the children love it.......even have a go myself.........show them how it's done

Comment

Remember this very fondly from that warm summer of 1983, always played in pubs on a Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by astrabug View Post
                    I remember in the 80`s Michael McLaren singing the Double dutch, which one person jumps rope with two ropes and one or more people jumping simultaneously.
                    I remember the pop song "Double Dutch" on Top of the Pops circa 1982 featuring two-rope skipping. At the time I thought it was clever how they could skip with two ropes like that.

By the way, the artist was Malcolm McLaren, not Michael McLaren.
                    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

I think its a artist from Chicago and it goes something like this do the double dutch do the double dutch turn around wit it turn around wit it and its not the jumprope song

Comment

been trying to teach my 6 year old to DD this weekend!!! can anyone remember the rhymes we sang whilst doing DD?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Attraction View Post
                          I remember the pop song "Double Dutch" on Top of the Pops circa 1982 featuring two-rope skipping. At the time I thought it was clever how they could skip with two ropes like that.

By the way, the artist was Malcolm McLaren, not Michael McLaren.

It came out in 1983. Double Dutch was the first record I bought, I was 5 at the time. I had awesome taste in music...

Comment

DD was also featured on the first Now! Album.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                            X