Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Here comes my body" doll ???

Reeeeeeeeeey, great site!

This has been bugging me for years and years and maybe, just maybe, somebody here can help me.

When I was a little Sausage in the early 1980s, I had a weird doll which I bought second hand so it didn't have a box or anything with it.

Basically, she had a string and hoop attached to her head and when you pulled it her head became detached from her body and then her body would slowly work its way back up while she said things like "Here comes my body" and various other bizarre sayings which I can't remember.

Sounds sinister, and I suppose kind of was, but she was great fun and I have no idea what she was called....can anyone help?!?!

that sounds awfully scary saus .... although im sure i had some wierd toys in my time ....
    A HOUSE WITHOUT A KETTLE IS A HOUSE WITHOUT A HEART .....

Comment

I am sure it had a weird american accent...bah, this is what happens when your parents insist on bringing you up "proper" by buying you second hand toys....you never know what the blooping heck you're playing with?!?! LOL

Comment

As weird as it is I still have one of these dolls (no idea either what she's called), the only thing wrong with her now is says her infamous line rather more slowley. That's old age for you!
        P.S. Showed her to my daughter (who's 3) and she thinks it's hilarious!

Originally posted by Sally Sausages
        Reeeeeeeeeey, great site!

This has been bugging me for years and years and maybe, just maybe, somebody here can help me.

When I was a little Sausage in the early 1980s, I had a weird doll which I bought second hand so it didn't have a box or anything with it.

Basically, she had a string and hoop attached to her head and when you pulled it her head became detached from her body and then her body would slowly work its way back up while she said things like "Here comes my body" and various other bizarre sayings which I can't remember.

Sounds sinister, and I suppose kind of was, but she was great fun and I have no idea what she was called....can anyone help?!?!

Comment

YES I HAVE ALOT OF INFO ON THIS DOLL. She was American and she was available in brownhaired aswell as a blonde hair..................sayings were: "Here Comes My Body......That's Quite A Stretch......I've Lost My Head Over You HAHA i REALLLY WANT TO have one of these again so if anyone has one lemme know!

Comment

you will have to find out the name of it then serach on ebay, they have everthing, i do remember these also but havent a clue what its called
            sigpic

Comment

I had a blonde one and my friend had the brunette they both said different things, mine said 'I can sit in your pocket' and 'I'm sooo silly'. I loved it but it used to drive my mum mad because I made it talk all the time! I think they were made by Mattel and might have been called 'Talk-up Dolls' or something like that.

Comment

allthough i remember mine being more soft, my its just my head thats soft.
                Last edited by Heather74; 21-10-2009, 14:34. Reason: removing old ebay links
                sigpic

Comment

good job bumble!! I know there was a doll that was called shrikin' violet that was soft and said crazy things, but I don't know if that is the one you're talking about b.l.
                  I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Re: "Here comes my body" doll ???

Comment

My sister had that doll! I forget what she'd say but we had great fun with her.

Comment

i have one of those dolls. It was trying to find the name of it that I came across this site. I will take a picture of it, it's a bit worn but still works, I don't know how i came to have it, think my nan bought it at a boot sale for me. My husband and I find it hilarious and often quote what it says, (we are quite sad like that)

Comment

From the info I can find, these dolls (Mattel Talk-ups) are becoming quite rare, although they seemed to be everywhere when I was a kid in the 70's.
                          the dark haired one (the rarest) features the voice of Joanne Warley from US TV show Laugh-In, saying various phrases which were..

"BOING"
                          "MY FEET ARE MOVING CLOSER"
                          "HERE COMES MY BODY"
                          "WHOOPS, I LOST MY HEAD FOR A MOMENT"
                          "IVE LOST MY HEAD OVER YOU"
                          "IM FALLING APART" - THEN LAUGHS

Comment

The blonde version was called Funny Talk
                            (the redhead in last post was called Dressy Talk)

Comment

They also did a range of character ones

Comment

Working...
                              X