Smoking Monkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking Monkeys

Does anyone remember the little plastic Smoking Monkeys? I remember they were about 1 to 2 inches in height and they came with little "cigarettes" (similar to insense kind of things) which you lit and they sat and smoked them. No one can recall these that I've spoken to. They most certainly wouldnt be allowed today... strange little things. Smoking Monkey toys were very popular in the 1960s and came packed in a small plastic bag complete with several different 'cigarettes'.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Smoking monkeys

I remember getting smoking monkeys in Christmas crackers,great fun for 5 minutes,I wonder if you can still get them?

Comment

Re: Smoking monkeys

What are they? I've never heard of them.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Re: Smoking Monkeys

Originally posted by remember View Post
        Does anyone remember the little plastic Smoking Monkeys? I remember they were about 1 to 2 inches in height and they came with little "cigarettes" (similar to insense kind of things) which you lit and they sat and smoked them. No one can recall these that I've spoken to. They most certainly wouldnt be allowed today... strange little things. Smoking Monkey toys were very popular in the 1960s and came packed in a small plastic bag complete with several different 'cigarettes'.

More...
        Yep that's right I even think they used to blow smoke rings

Comment

yup, I had one when I was wee
          and they did blow smoke rings

what a great toy for a 7 yr old LOL
          DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I used to love these

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
              What are they? I've never heard of them.
              YouTube - Smoking Monkey

Just watching how exciting these things really were makes me appreciate why we didn't need Ritalin back then.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                YouTube - Smoking Monkey

Just watching how exciting these things really were makes me appreciate why we didn't need Ritalin back then.
                "Puff away little monkey"

Comment

great piccie/clip Claudine

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I used to love Smoking Monkeys too, I used to get mine from a small joke shop. Didn't the smell of the smoke have a unusual smell to them? I have seen them on ebay a few times, I think they are either still been made or these are some of the originals.
                    Last edited by Retro Ghoul; 19-05-2009, 22:21. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

When were these out exactly as I can't recall them at all? The nearest thing I got to these was indoor fireworks.
                      Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
                        I used to love Smoking Monkeys too, I used to get mine from a small joke shop.
                        I used to get mine from a joke shop. And they sold chinese shells that you dropped into water and after a while they'd open up and paper flowers would float up out of them. Been trying to find them with no success. Anyone know if they're still available?

Also used to get toy cigarettes that you'd blow through and talc would puff out of the end, and little twists of paper containing some sort of explosive - you'd poke tobacco out of the end of a cigarette, put the explosive in and then pack the tobacco back in and wait for your Nan to light up. Me and my brother loved those . Nan wasn't too keen .

Comment

I seem to recall those paper flowers, never bought any though.I remember those cigarette explosive things as well, do you remember the small white tablets you put in the end of a cigarette and lots of artificial snow would come out when the cig was lit, they were great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
                            do you remember the small white tablets you put in the end of a cigarette and lots of artificial snow would come out when the cig was lit, they were great fun.
                            We didn't get the chance to experiment with those. We were banned from the joke shop after a particularly successful surprise exploding cigarette left Nan gasping for breath and her face turning a worrying shade of purple .

Comment

Working...
                            X