Johnny Briggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Johnny Briggs

I thought that Johnny and his entire family was brought together so well, I think and reminds me of so many friends who had many sibilings and their family's in the 1980s.

I am unsure though that I can recall the final episode, I think the last one I watched was the Silver wedding Anniversery Suprise in the celler. Johnny Briggs will always be a Programme from my childhood I will recall with lots of fondness.

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 13-09-2012, 21:34.

Comment

same here mate.

it was a super show and had a great cast.

leslie schofield being one.

i remember it so clearly watching it when i got in from school.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      I thought that Johnny and his entire family was brought together so well, I think and reminds me of so many friends who had many sibilings and their family's in the 1980s.

I am unsure though that I can recall the final episode, I think the last one I watched was the Silver wedding Anniversery Suprise in the celler. Johnny Briggs will always be a Programme from my childhood I will recall with lots of fondness.

80sChav
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember Johnny Briggs, At the time i thought it was based in Wigan.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          leslie was in clockwise the film with john cleese.
          he was a policeman who arrested pat.

he was also in casualty and in 5 episodes of coronation street in 2000.

he was in many shows but normally only for a few episodes.
          he was also in two dr who stories one in 69 and another in 71.
          Ive seen him in tons of things over the years, but to me he's always 'The dad from Johnny Briggs' as that's where I saw him first.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            Ive seen him in tons of things over the years, but to me he's always 'The dad from Johnny Briggs' as that's where I saw him first.
            He's been in Blake's 7, Dr Who, Reggie Perrin & lots of other things.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

jonny briggs himself is actually the wee fella jeremy austin from worzel gummidge.
              he was john peters in the show.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              He's been in Blake's 7, Dr Who, Reggie Perrin & lots of other things.

Comment

How can the twins from Johnny's Class at School, they can sure never be ever be forgot, they were so funny indeed!! Thinking about the memory's I have of Johnny Briggs the programme was like it was so much when I was growing up, probably being very near Johnny's to age at the time the Series ran. Johnny was so memorable I think - I often was so pleased when Humphrey was kind to Johnny unlike Rita and Albert - being an only child wishing why I could have brother like Humphrey was in regards in how he cared about Johnny unlike Albert or Rita ever appeared to.
                Last edited by 80sChav; 21-08-2013, 21:18.

Comment

I remember that show. It used to depress the hell out of me. The family seemed so miserable and the house was cramped looking. Between that show and Coronation Street I was convinced no one in Lancashire/Yorkshire even had a garden.

Comment

jonny briggs himself is actually the wee fella jeremy austin from worzel gummidge.
                    The Worzel Gummidge lad actually played Humphrey in Johnny Briggs. He was a good actor.

Comment

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but does anyone remember the ongoing "Saga" regarding Jonny Briggs' mysterious cellar door? What was down there?

Comment

Mushrooms!
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                          Mushrooms!
                          Ah, thank you!

Comment

I so so wish it was released on DVD - I'd buy in it in an instant, no doubts if it was

What made so good too was the "Northern Grit' in it too I thought, with fun and laughs and seriousness all rolled into one to create a good programme!

80sChav

Comment

THIS SO WAS A WONDERFUL SHOW 80'S CHAV.

https://youtu.be/lP5u8b1L9LA

I NEVER MISSED IT AND I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT ON DV AS U MENTIONED.

IM SURE KIDS WOULD LOVE IT.

Comment

I thoughht he had given up acting to be honest Darren - I never knew he did more further acting! I know that the actress who played his Sister n- Rita found fame as a "bit part character" in the excellenty wrote Dinner Ladies created by the late Victoria Wood. So again in a way - this re-unties a Rita and a Mavis (more so given that Thelma Barlow played Mavis on Corrie St)!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X