Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't remember the name of these sweets....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remember the name of these sweets....?

Hiya... can someone help please...

I need to know the name of some sweets that were around in the 70's - It's my dad's fault, he asked me the name of them today and it's now killing me :cry:

They're small, looke like love-hearts and were apparantly wrapped individually in clear wrappers... he can't remember and now he's got me onto it

I think I can remember having them when I was younger, but not 100% sure...
    Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn....

Re: Can't remember the name of these sweets....?

Hi Bozebo Welcome to DYR.
    Can he or you remember anything else, were they hard boiled or chewy,one colour or mixed, Fruity or minty??
    Heather

Comment

Hiya... thanks for the welcome... I didn't know this site existed and now I'm in 'memory heaven'!

Sorry, can't remember anything else except for they were like 'lovehearts' but smaller, so I assume a 'candy' based sweet, but I couldn't tell you if they're sweet, sour, fruity or otherwise... Sorry.....

Comment

I think they sound like Swizzell's Fizzers - which you can still get now. it the same wrapping as Parma violets but taste like Love Hearts

Google them and you see a pic

Comment

I thought about them, but they weren't individually wrapped, hope you are right though SA
          Heather

Comment

Thanks Guys Much appreciate the responses

I've emailed my dad telling him your thoughts but haven't received a reply back .... knowing my dad, he's probably got them mixed up with something else and is actually thinking about two different types of sweets...either that or the sweets he's thinking of were removed prior to rationing

Comment

Right.... I've spoken with my dad today... turns out only half the story given (typical!) - apparantly the sweets he was trying to remember the name for were like palmer violets but different colours (and no, not individually wrapped like he originally said!!).

So yep, looks like they're Swizzell's Fizzers .... thank you!

Comment

Nice one SA, And they are still sold in most sweet shop, usually in mixed bags along with love hearts, candy necklaces and lollipops so If you want to give your Dad a blast from the past Bozebo its easily and cheaply done
                Heather

Comment

wooooooooooo, I rock!

Comment

Working...
                  X