No announcement yet.

Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

We at comp sholl collected stickers for an album called Super Auto's in the late 70's. I still have it but unfortunately it's not complete, three missing. I wonder if they can be got anywhere?:cry:
    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

I had a football sticker album too, but I only started it so I could play "swapsies" with a boy I fancied in my class , spent all my pocket money on them, never got me anywhere though, he asked out my best friend:cry:
      Heather

Comment

Did you win, SCF?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yippee!! DON'T OPEN THEM!!

Comment

Not going to. I'll find the four that are missing, I now make it my quest.

(had the album out to look through it)

Comment

Blimy Super Auto collection is now 30 years old. Gawd it dont seem five minuets since we all were buying the sticker packs & swapping them at school. I feel old

Comment

I'm enjoying leafing through a fully-completed Football 80 sticker album!

Hello,

A pal leant me a fully-completed Figurine Panini Football '80 sticker album to look through for old times' sake. Fantastic. I'm loving it.

It's amazing how those little portraits of footballers had imprinted themselves in my mind. It's like seeing hundreds of old friends again. And from a different era too, with few black or foreign players, and with the notorious dodgy haircuts, and the gold chains.

Fascinating to see these footballers that were men to me when I ran about in short pants with my dog-eared album and fistful of swaps. I'm now 40, and older than every player in there!!!! Weird.

Though it's striking how old and unfit some of those players look. One or two look like they should be sat in a car-park security booth all day long!!!

Anyway. Fantastic memories.

Anyone know of a site with scanned completed footy sticker albums to pour over? That would be a dream website for me.

....Jamo.

Comment

Got Got Got.... Need Need Need.... the joy of Panini sticker collections

I remember getting so excited when panini started to do sticker albums for your fave toys or programmes. However the joy would soon turn into frustration when you realised how hard it was to actually complete an album. It would always be the case that your friends at school would have some of the ones you needed to do this and a whole load of ill swap you it but then you would have to give them about 5 or more in return. I had a Barbie one Care bears one, world wildlife one, neighbours one so many i cant even remember them all.

Any one else have this happen or were you like my partner who completed 2 football albums in a row in 85 and 86 ( how??!!!) must have cost his parents a fortune!

Comment

Re: Got Got Got.... Need Need Need.... the joy of Panini sticker collections

I tried, but can't say I ever completed a single one. I even sent off to Panini for missing stickers!
                      I'd put it down to the fact this was the early 70's, and I didn't have the cash to keep buying more stickers, so had to rely on friend's swaps, and as soon as everyone got fed up with whatever series they were collecting, we all ditched it pronto

Comment

Sixtyten
                        Which sticker albums did you try and complete?
                        When you are young you don't realise just how much (of your parents!) money you will have to go through to get the darned thing complete!
                        My partner toyed with sending away to Panini to complete his last football album....but could not be bothered!

Comment

Now lets have a think...Smash Hits 85, World Cup 86(?), My Little Pony, Care Bears, Neighbours, New Kids On The Block. I think those are all the ones I had, but I only completed the care bears one.

Heaven knows what I was doing collecting football stickers. I didn't even like football. The Smash Hits one had Wham on the first page. I managed to get both the George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley stickers. George had his hair in full bouffant and was lolling about, dressed in white on a romantic set. Being well into Wham, I used to put rose talcum powder on my George sticker to make him smell nice.
                          Last edited by Trickyvee; 12-08-2010, 20:03.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to collect the Football 70's.. series like the early ones here..

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/index_top_sellers.html

Looking back now, its no wonder.. 420 cards in each series!

Comment

I must have got carried away with the whole sticker craze as a memory of me and my sister buying a he-man one has just popped into my head:I wasn't even a fan!

Comment

I collected Football 81, 82, Espana 82 and I alos think there was an ET one, although my mind might be playing tricks on me.
                                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                                X