No announcement yet.

Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got Got Got.... Need Need Need.... the joy of Panini sticker collections

My brother got close to completing some of the football ones, the foil badges were always the hardest to get & you could only send off for so many of them. He did manage to complete the Orbis(?) Italia 90 sticker collection / bindermag hybrid.

I tried 1 or 2 football ones, along with Back To The Future & the Beano one that came as a free gift.

I got into collecting Topps Garbage Pail Kids, these didn't have a book so I just used to stick them in a note book. My Mum banned me from collecting them, partually because of the designs & mainly becase I got some of the bubble gum in the carpet.

The backs had some jokey awards on the back, me & my cousin awarded them to family members & friends, & then made a tape of the ceremony, which I still have.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Got Got Got.... Need Need Need.... the joy of Panini sticker collections

My brother used to collect the Panini football stickers and he also collected Star Wars stickers. I don't think he completed any though. He did collect all of the (was it Esso) petrol station World Cup coins. I remember my older brother had an album of endangered species wildlife cards that he collected from PG Tips tea.
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Re: Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

I also liked the smell of the glue on the stickers. Just before this year's world cup I got some football stickers free with a paper but the glue didn't smell the same. The stickers seemed a lot more flimsy too.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a Gladiators sticker book lol Never completed it though lol

Comment

Was a sucker for a good sticker book, had the sticker albums for Premier League 95, 96 & 97, Batman Returns/Forever/Animated Series, Power Rangers/Power Rangers The Movie, The Mask, Gladiators (first and second), WWF 1991/93/95/2000, Biker Mice From Mars and The Simpsons.

I think the only one I completed from that lot was the WWF one from 1995. I was two stickers away from finishing the Premier League 1996 book, the Nottingham Forest badge shiny and the McDonalds logo from the trivia bit in the middle of the book. I did actually send off for them as part of my final few but for some reason they didn't send me those two. I might get over it one of these days, you know nothing about life until you walk in the shoes of a kid who didn't get his last few footy stickers.

One of my best mates lived opposite a newsagent so he was always the first one to find out about the latest albums and quite often he'd be the one getting all the best stickers. Jammy sod. I still remember the pure excitement when we saw the Power Rangers album for the first time. After awhile though we struggled to get many of the rarer stickers and we both grew disgruntled with that one. He ended up sticking his book in someone's
            shrubbery.

I could fill a book (no pun intended) about all my sticker album tales but I shall leave it there for now.

Comment

I remember in the 1990s trading cards became popular, though by that time I was either too old or too moneywise to collect them.

One problem with these was that some shop ownder were opening the packets & selling them individually, charging more of the rarer ones.

Comment

Do you think they deliberately kept back some of the stickers? There were some that nobody had, but at one point I'm sure I had a whole football team of Peter Beardsleys.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Think they probably do release some at a later date either that or with some cards only print/produce one hard to get sticker/card in ratio to every 100 or so common ones
                  Heather

Comment

Panini used to claim that they printed the stickers in equal amounts though I'm sure some seemed to turn up more than others. I remember giving up the Beano collection after buying 2 packs from the same shop & finding they both had the same stickers in!

There was a Panini collection of national football teams, using plastic rather than stickers. The pages had little slots to fit the corners of the card in.

I think there was only 100 or so of them to collect, my Brother kept getting duplicates of Rudi Voller for some reason.

Comment

The only sticker collection I ever completed was the 'Love Is...' stickers. Anyone remember them? Must have been about 1979/80?

a link to a 'Love Is...' site http://www.loveisfan.com/
                      ...chilli...

Comment

ooo just thought am I allowed to post links??
                        ...chilli...

Comment

Yes as long as they are relevant and you're not trying to sell something or plug a site
                          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by AmethystWitch View Post
                            I had a Gladiators sticker book lol Never completed it though lol

so this sticker book was t just stickers of different gladiators.

well there can't have been more than say 50 odd stickers if you count every single gladiator such as wold,jet etc.

i used to get all the panini sticker books for each new footie season.

never completed any of them,had a few of them and got down to around needing 20 odd each time.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had one of these books, might have been the glittery one lol
                              I don't think it was very thick but it had pics of the gladiators and I'm sure it had random pics of the course they had to do aswell, like Gladiators in motion, kind of thing.....can't remember really lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	gladiators-3-1924.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	259816Click image for larger version

Name:	gladiators-2-1900.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	259817Click image for larger version

Name:	gladiators-1-1897.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	259818

Comment

Originally posted by nogden View Post
                                does anyone remember the "tazos" that came out mid 90's.... they were little discs with pictures on, you used to get them in bags of walkers crisps.

I collected the star wars edition and collected every single one apart from the limited edition gold one that there was only one of....

I must have eaten my own body weight in crisps to get them though

I still have mine!! lol I have the folder that you keep them in too! lol I don't have the complete set but nearly all of them! I have quite a few Star Wars ones aswell lol

Comment

Working...
                                X