No announcement yet.

Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got,got ,got, Got, Need, Need, Need,.

yes i had lots of footie sticker albums never did complete them because really u only had that season to complete it before moving on the to the following yrs sticker album.

a few times thanks to doing swaps in school i got close to completing the odd album.
    i got a 2 or 3 quid pocket monety per week in the early eighties so i put that to getting more stickers.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
    I ran a pokemon club for about 4 years solid so had to have examples of the cards that were likely to be seen in play for reference.I still have them all,thousands.

Getting back to the question of stickers,I don't remember finishing an album.There was a good dinosaur one back in the 70's and a few football ones I had also.There were others but cannot remember what they were.As someone else said earlier it was a case of limited funds,not enough to go round so when the next best thing came along as a kid we all moved over to it without a second thought.Most collecting would be done through swapping as stickers were expensive on a low pocket money.My pocket money was only 2p in about the mid 70's increasing to 5p then 10p in the early 80's.I finally got a paper round then ended up paying mum keep so out of my money earnt depending on how many papers I sold I did not get much.Possibly£1.00 out of the £4.50 earnt on a very very good week.By the time I was in my last year of school I never bothered with stickers.

I remember tazzo's that came in the crisp packets.My brother collected them,he was pog crazy so they went into his tin with his poggs.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I completed the 1983 Return of the Jedi sticker book. The only other one I had was a dinosaur one in the mid 70s and nearly finished it.

Comment

very well done mate.
        how close did you get to completing both.

yes i remember that R O T J sticker book.
        im sure they had similar sticker books for the other 2 films

i did keep some of my sticker albums for the rest of the following season and did manage to get a few more for that book.

Originally posted by DoctorQui View Post
        I completed the 1983 Return of the Jedi sticker book. The only other one I had was a dinosaur one in the mid 70s and nearly finished it.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          very well done mate.

i did keep some of my sticker albums for the rest of the following season and did manage to get a few more for that book.
          I may be wrong but I thought that the other films had the cards rather than the stickers, I don't think sticker books started until about 79 did they?

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            very well done mate.

Just read this and thought "i'm sure I've still got the R O T J album somewhere" found it and still got 3 stickers missing, used to love collecting the pannini albums (they go for a fair price on ebay an all), and those football cards with the bubble gum inside (still got quite a lot of them an all)

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
              Just read this and thought "i'm sure I've still got the R O T J album somewhere" found it and still got 3 stickers missing, used to love collecting the pannini albums (they go for a fair price on ebay an all), and those football cards with the bubble gum inside (still got quite a lot of them an all)
              I've still got a wad of stickers for that album, in my blue and red star wars card box. Let me know what you need and I'll have a look at what I've got. If I have them, they're yours foc!

Comment

I think that the 1990 Sticker Album was possibly/probably the nearest I got to a complete set or 1992. 1990 was a corker I recall though - for one of the only times they brought out 2 different coloured Packets of Stickers with say Manager, Goalie etc ion one a special photo and Club Badge/Crest in Silver in the other or/and something else - though I am not sure exactly how it went (if it was as so) as I describe above!

The 1990/91 Season Album though realty, really, really set the template for the next 10 years I think and more modern times. None of my old Albums I'd let ever go/be sold from the early 1980s and 1 from the late 70s to the 1990s ... they'll go in a Museum as a donation before I do that!

80sChav

Comment

Does anyone remember if there was a horror sticker album or something similar in the 70's. I just have this vague memory of something like that but as I didn't own it myself I'm hazy on the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris68 View Post
                    Does anyone remember if there was a horror sticker album or something similar in the 70's. I just have this vague memory of something like that but as I didn't own it myself I'm hazy on the details.
                    I remember one - no details though. The only thing that sticks in my mind was that one of the stickers was of a sign outside an inn. Cartoon-style graphics I think.

Not much help I suppose.....

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                      I remember one - no details though. The only thing that sticks in my mind was that one of the stickers was of a sign outside an inn. Cartoon-style graphics I think.

Not much help I suppose.....
                      It's something. It's been bugging me for years, my memory of it is so cloudy.

Comment

I think I just found it
                        http://www.ipernity.com/doc/295155/album/331315

Comment

Originally posted by Chris68 View Post
                          Could be - memory so bad I can't tell!

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                            Could be - memory so bad I can't tell!

I think that means we're getting old

Comment

I had the Ghostbusters and Beano sticker albums. My younger cousin had the royal family album, which I aptly threw up on during a family car journey! I had a whole box of Garbage Pail Kids/Garbage Gang stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by scally_caps_forever View Post
                                sticker books we all had them but did you ever complete an album .. The lovely miss sausages reveled on another thread she completed her my lil pony book .. i myself completed my world cup mexico 86 album and still have it to this day ..

any others ????
                                Yer so so so many Scally caps forever!

I love the username here btw (though I guess u don't post here now mate). Does it mean "in Capitals" or "Caps you wear" m8!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X