Discontinued drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Discontinued novelty drinks

Wooooooow I have been looking everywhere to se if could find the refrehers drink around, I used to drink them when my mum owned a pub in Notingham they were the best , ( Bring it back woop ) xxxx

Comment

I can remember going into Woolworths one Saturday and my nan bought me the fruit salad, blackjack and refreshers drinks. I think the only reason I wanted the blackjack and fruit salad drinks though was for the little man on the bottle cap! Out of the three of them the ones I remember tasting were the blackjack and refreshers drinks, I don't think I had more than a few sips of each as I didn't really like them too much.

Something just popped into my head when recalling those drinks and it was a drink that my friend picked up sometime in the late 90's. It came in a transparent can and tasted similar to TAB. Apart from being a transparent can the other thing which made it so unusual was that there were edible orange balls floating around in the drink! I have no idea what these were called but I think they were only sold in smaller outlets so you wouldn't find them in any of the large supermarket chains. I would love to know if anyone else came across one of these.

Comment

I remember Tab Clear coming out in the UK about 1992 & not lasting long. This was because it sold for 23p a can for a while, & then went up to 43p without warning.

The sweet based drinks I can remember being around 1995-6, but didn't last long.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post

Something just popped into my head when recalling those drinks and it was a drink that my friend picked up sometime in the late 90's. It came in a transparent can and tasted similar to TAB. Apart from being a transparent can the other thing which made it so unusual was that there were edible orange balls floating around in the drink! I have no idea what these were called but I think they were only sold in smaller outlets so you wouldn't find them in any of the large supermarket chains. I would love to know if anyone else came across one of these.
          https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...early-90s.html

Heather

Comment

Nice one Huggie, that's the one!

Comment

I remember about 4 different clear plastic cans with pink green blue or orange script on and they were called "seltzers" with clear liquid in, bit pricey too!

Any good?

Comment

Nice one for posting the pictures. Remember these.

Hey, Flying Saucer. I remember these alright.
                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sculpher View Post

Jubilade was launched for a limited time in 1977 for the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II - my father got a crate of it (48 cans) which came with us to Majorca in August - it's a flavour memory hat will stay with me to the grave. Everything on that vacation tasted of strawberry....
                  I'm loving the 12p price sticker and the classic ring pull on this can, does anybody remember making chains of old ring pulls off of your old cans or was that just me?
                  sigpic

Comment

Discontinued novelty drinks

How did you do that?

Comment

Thread the end of the ring pull through the hole of the next one and bend it around and so on and so on.
                      ..... Obviously it was only me then!
                      sigpic

Comment

No Paulos, I did it too!
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Got a few images sat over on my http://www.flickr.com/photos/bucklevision flickr account:

a few more to follow

Comment

Comment

i use to love hubba bubba soda

i remember getting a can of "weight watchers" chocalate flavoured fizzy drink from the co-op about 30 years i only ever saw it once and no one i know as ever heard of it im sure it wasn`t a weird dream

do you remember in the uk before mcdonalds became a coca cola franchiser it had its own brand drinks cola,fizzy orange and root beer (i used to drink gallons of that root beer no wonder i became diabetic)

one soft drink i liked a few years ago was mountain dew why was that ever discontinued in the uk we only had it for about 6 months then it was just seemed to stop being avaliable

Comment

I remember McDonalds having their own drinks. The coke always seemed to taste strange for some reason.

When I was at college from 1994-6 Mountain Due seemed to be popular there.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X