No announcement yet.

Discontinued drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved quatro, nothing quenched a thirst like it, never been much of a fan of cola , any brand.
    I remember cresta (it’s frothy man) tried it once in the 70s ...never again as it was vile

Comment

Are Quosh still going? They mostly did drinks in small Tetra-Pak cartons with straws stuck on the front, and were a rival to Robinson's which I believe are still going.

I last saw a Quosh advert on TV in the early 1990s (1991 perhaps?) where they were advertsing litre bottles of the drink possibly in different flavours - the advert started as a parody of a washing powder advert which became a hijacked picture to an alien in a spaceship from the planet Zarg (or some name like that). Alien mentions that Zarg is dying and needs Quosh - he pours it into his ear, and soon afterwards it reverts back to the washing powder advert parody at the end.
      Last edited by George 1978; 13-05-2021, 04:38.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
        I loved quatro, nothing quenched a thirst like it, never been much of a fan of cola , any brand.
        I remember cresta (it’s frothy man) tried it once in the 70s ...never again as it was vile
        Yes, it had a slimeyness about it. I particularly remember the green Cresta. The polar bear in the adverts with the shades was pretty cool

Comment

Does anyone remember a Lemonade drink with mint called (I think) Club 10?

Comment

My Mums lemonade
            Heather

Comment

Corona Fizzical
              Ebay description
              "Corona fizzical bubble print t-shirt. This 2 colour hand screen printed tee was produced by Trunk Records. It was extremely limited with only 25 one off prints being produced, sporting the Corona bubble in fantastic neon green from their iconic 70's advertising campaign 'Every Bubbles Passed It's Fizzical'.

Heather

Comment

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                  Paula Yates held a can of this in the video for Feed The World.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by andibuck View Post
                    Ok people, I need some serious assistance here. I’ve been reminiscing a bit, recently, about various foods and drinks from my childhood (80s and 90s). There is one item that I just cannot recall the name of and is one of those elusive subjects that just seems to be entirely absent from the whole Internet.

So, does anybody remember a UK canned soft drink in the 80s/90s, which was 250ml and the same shape as a Red Bull can? They were still rather than fizzy and I think came in a few flavours but all I remember is cherry and apple, which was absolutely amazing. Used to find them in cafes in tourist attractions quite a lot. I believe they were white and/or silver and the logo for this flavour was like a solid coloured apple or cherry in green or red or something but it didn’t have any detail, it was basically a coloured silhouette. It may have been both fruits and possible included a cherry stalk or a bite out of it (like the Apple logo), or both.

​​​​​​I saw this can on an Instagram post by the_90s_museum and it sounds like what you're describing? It's St Michael One Calorie Clear Cola. Have attached a screenshot and it's the orange can in the middle.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Watching the 1973-1974 Ulster TV ad breaks on Kaleidoscope's YouTube videos, I noticed a drink advertised called C&C which seemed to be a colourless liquid (but not water, I assume) in a glass bottle.

Now, was this a product which was available across the whole UK at the time, or was a Northern Ireland-only product which might even still be available today? Because of how long ago it was, and as it was Northern Ireland, I cannot really tell whether it was an early to mid 1970s or a Northern Ireland product.

Any ideas? - Here it is, 50 seconds in: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjWw3ShSl8&t=50s
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• I followed your link to view the advert and found this reply in comments that you might find interesting
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	298820
                        Heather

Comment

• So, people on the British mainland wouldn't have even heard of C&C even back in the early 1970s? For what it's worth, they probably could be still going strong today and English people wouldn't have even known about them!
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                          X