Memories of Live Aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of Live Aid

So, probably lots of you were either at the London show, or at least in the same country or timezone....

Here in Australia, it played over night and into the next day, so some people stayed up all night, while others videotaped it.

I remember lying in total darkness listening on headphones to the broadcast on radio - having been sent to bed when it was too 'late' to watch TV. (Just for you Daz, this was about when Ultravox came out on stage...)

We did get to watch some more the next morning - which was mainly in the US by that time. It was quite bizarre to watch the whole show on DVD when it was released and view all the songs and bands I had only heard almost 20 years earlier.

The other thing I recall really clearly, with some irony now, was seeing a person interviewed from the audience in Philadelphia, saying how she had come to see Bob Dylan "one more time". I remember thinking, oh that whiny old guy, who cares when all those cool people like Duran Duran were playing. Ha, it makes me laugh coz now I am completely absorbed in Dylan and I get it, about how important he is.
Working...
X