Sunday night was bath night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday night was bath night....

My poor kids wont remember any night fondly then. Every Night is Bath Night in our house!! Home from school, homework, bath and bed!!! what a Meanie
    Last edited by Heather74; 11-03-2008, 15:55.
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      My poor kids wont remember any night fondly then. Every Night is Bath Night in our house!! Home from school, homework, bath and bed!!! what a Meanie
      Hope you feed them too Heather LOL!!

It was the same for mine.... Bath before bed!
      sigpic

Comment

You mean to say kids need feeding as well as everything else!!!!

was meant to read, Home from school,homework,tea,bath and bed. LOL

P.S they do also get play time and story time, not so mean after all
        Last edited by Heather74; 11-03-2008, 16:10.
        Heather

Comment

Sunday night was bath night for me. Followed by songs of praise and sandwiches.
          I also remember it was quiet as no one used to do much shopping on a Sunday. There were the corner shop that if you were lucky stayed open until midday.

Comment

Yes sunday night was bath night in our house and then out came the bone comb to check there were no nits in your hair, then we had toast and jam and a mug of hot choc while we watched Thats Life and then it was bed time, bliss. from maxine

Comment

Oh yes.... Sunday nights.....

Bath with my brother, hair washed with Vosene shampoo, ears and necks rubbed raw!! PJ's on by the fire... my mum would be doing the ironing, whilst we ate our 'whatever meat we'd had for Sunday lunch' sandwiches and either trifle or jelly and ice-cream for pudding. Once finished, the television would go on..muppets and hart to hart then stories and bed. My kids still have baths together (one's 31/2 and the other almost 7 months) and they love it - not so sure if that will be the case in 10 years time though . Bathtime is most nights in our house and clean pj's each night. If I remember rightly, the same nightie lasted me the whole week unless I spilt something down it...just the thought makes me go urrrrgggghh now!

I thought the Goodies were on on a Sunday aswell - or was that Saturday night? Can't remember the day but know it was a fantastic programme which assisted in helping me form a really really weird sense of humour!!!!
              Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn....

Comment

I still cant watch songs of praise even today,as soon as i here the theme tune it takes me back to bath night and the misery of knowing the weekend is gone and school is only a few hours away especially if it was after the 6 weeks holiday.
                Vosene must have been given away free to every parent lol.

Comment

Sunday was bath night for us as well then sitting infront of the fire in the front room to dry off. On cold nights you would run down the stairs as quick as you could trying not to freeze to much. Once time the fire was broke and sitting there hugging hot water bottles with our teeth chattering is was that cold. Remember having Matey on very special occasions for bubble bath and always getting the cold water as was the youngest. Did anyone else have a light in the bathroom with a built in heater? 1 click for just the light, 2 clicks for 1 heat ring, 3 clicks for full power.

Comment

Glad I wasn't the only one who only bathed once a week (yip, Sunday) as I've always been too ashamed to admit that to anyone lol! I remember it well as my best friend who lived downstairs (flats) went at same time and we could talk to one another as the walls were so thin. I remember it was ALWAYS Pears soap. I remember it was awful in winter though as we had ice on the inside of the windows and you would get in and out as quick as possible......no central heating back then and of course you had to hurry so as not to miss That's life anyway. I often wonder how popular bathing is now as many homes around here have banished the bath in favour of a shower cubicle and I myself haven't bathed in years as showering is just so much nicer for me.

Comment

I like both, but currently only have a shower unit.
                      Sometimes I just really want a long soak:cry:

We had the old tin bath in front of the fire as kids, but after that we were lucky enough to have always had a nice bathroom

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                        I remember it was awful in winter though as we had ice on the inside of the windows and you would get in and out as quick as possible......no central heating back then and of course you had to hurry so as not to miss That's life anyway.
                        Brrrr you've just reminded me of winter bath times, we had a little wall heater which warmed the air up to around a foot from it, so it was a hop out the bath and and under the heater while getting dried.

That's Life was Sunday night tv, used to love Doc Cox's slot
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Funny how so many of us were apparently doing pretty much the same thing, but still thought we were the only ones. Like some others here we shared the water and though the thought of slipping into that dirty, tepid bathwater makes me cringe now it seemed perfectly natural at the time. While I was in there, Dad would probably be helping with the Airfix kit bought at Woolies the previous day, especially if it was a bigger series 3 or 4 model or something tricky like a biplane or sailing ship. Then he'd nip out to the pub for a bottle of pale ale while Mum would prepare supper of fried "tates" and left-over cold meat from Sunday dinner. Ate supper to a backdrop of Sunday Night at the London Palladium (always got Bruce Forsyth and Keith Fordyce muddled up) itching to get my hands on the Airfix kit again, and fighting off a growing sense of anguish as another weekend slipped away and the sheer misery of school loomed ever closer. I bloody hated every minute of school. The Tiller Girls closing routine was my cue to get ready for bed, and even now I can conjure up a whiff of the depair I felt as the final theme music came on and there were no more excuses.
                          Still crazy after all these years.

Comment

Sunday night for me too. Bath and hair washed then the dreaded newspaper on the floor and the Derbac liquid and metal comb would come out as my mother would go through my hair searching for nits and if she found any, she cracked them between her thumb nails!

I still remember the smell of that stuff!

Comment

Oh yes, bath night on Sunday. Always remember my dad using the water for a bath after me because I wasn't deemed too mucky and probably because it used to take about 15 years for the tank to re-heat! We also had a heater on the wall that was next to useless. A one-bar thing that glowed red. All I can remember is the smell it gave off of hot metal and burning dust. Perhaps someone can help me with some shampoo memories too. We always had two bottles of it (green for dad, pink for mam). Fairly tall cone-shaped bottles, not transparent, with dimples in the side for you to put your fingers. Anyone know what this shampoo was, or if it was shampoo? Might have been some sort of bubble bath.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
                                Glad I wasn't the only one who only bathed once a week (yip, Sunday) as I've always been too ashamed to admit that to anyone lol!
                                Ours was the only house in the street with a bathroom. The next door neighbours used to come in for a bath once a year, in preparation for their holiday in Spain. The rest of the year they made do with a strip down wash in the kitchen sink, probably on a Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X