Sunday night was bath night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday night was bath night....

It was always at bang on 7 pm on a Sunday for a bath. being the middle child I still remember having to share the bath with each of my 2 sisters. Glad I don't have a bath anymore. It got taken away and replaced with a shower.

Comment

Not me

I was a felly smucker lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I was always out in time for last of the summer wine then thats life and off the bed.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sunday was deffo bath night, I seem to remember watching Star Trek before the bath then the Muppet Show afterwards for some reason.

Toys were some plastic boats, some rubber sharks, a M.A.C. boat and divers. An auntie got me a three set of soaps for xmas once, a red, blue and yellow one, shaped like speed boats that came in a polystyrene box like an egg carton. I played with those too.

I also seem to remember once having some bubble bath that was like slime and turned bright yellow.

Comment

maybe when younger it was Sunday...but then it was Definately Saturday Nights !
            rota with siblings (and depending on coal fire heater getting temp hot enough "don't use all the hot water")....then watching Starsky and Hutch while rubbing dubbon on footy boots ready for next day's sunday league...where most of the time was spent as SUB. ;-(

Comment

ive 3 other brothers 2 are younger and we all got bathed on sunday nights.

Thing with a bath after you where about to get out the dirt in the water which was from the person having the bath the dirt floats in the water and when you get out you have some of it on you.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

^ even worse when you're the youngest and go last, so that's your siblings dirt too!

Comment

I was never allowed to have Matey. Most of the time we didn't even use proper bubble bath. It was usually a squirt of washing up liquid.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Yes, I used to dread Sunday nights as a child - school in the morning, and all that. Sir Harry Secombe visiting the Grampian Television region on Highway.

But after a wash, there was That's Life! and Spitting Image, Hale and Pace, and Clive James or Tarrant on TV.

Sundays were so awful back in the 1980s - no shops open, omnibus edition of EastEnders, and other things. I am glad things have improved now.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      I was never allowed to have Matey. Most of the time we didn't even use proper bubble bath. It was usually a squirt of washing up liquid.
                      Just plain old soap for us.....
                      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                        Not me

I was a felly smucker lol
                        Only joking lol

When I stayed at my grandparents late sixties Granny would sit me on the draining board in the kitchen where she would wash me

After that I used the bathroom. Afterwards I would get dressed in the lounge but shyly in front of the news reader on the TV. I thought they could see me lol
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

"So, in conclusion i'll just say it's nothing like back 'ome
                          And sometimes i'm regretful that i started out to roam
                          But i'll stay and I'll have a giggle as i civilize this 'ere lot
                          and i'll 'ave me bath each Saturday night
                          whether i need it or not"

Willy the whinging Pom

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                            "So, in conclusion i'll just say it's nothing like back 'ome
                            And sometimes i'm regretful that i started out to roam
                            But i'll stay and I'll have a giggle as i civilize this 'ere lot
                            and i'll 'ave me bath each Saturday night
                            whether i need it or not"
                            sigpic

Comment

As a kid growing up in the Eighties in a dull backwater of a town, Sundays were always empty, dead days. Just whiling away the time before the school week started up the next day. Sunday teatimes were always a visit to my Grandad and Great Aunt. Being given a cup of weak, sweet tea in a light-blue plastic mug. And salad sandwiches, which I hated. It would be getting dark outside. On the TV would be something like Seal Morning, or Return Of The Antelope. Then something completely dismal and prosaic, such as Antiques Roadshow. And bloody Bullseye. When it was time to come home, the walk up the path was a head-clearing noseful of fresh air after an hour of cigarette smoke, parental gossip and sandwiches. You could usually catch the smell of a coal fire or a damped down garden fire most Sunday evenings, especially in winter. Most of the houses in the cul-de-sac were closed up for the night, with usually just a living-room light on and the dead, end of week gloom was everywhere. Once at home, there was no going back. A bath, with the radio on playing the Pepsi Chart Show was inevitable. As was school the next morning.

Sundays are indeed the long dark teatime of the soul.

Comment

Sunday night was bath night....

I seem to recall watching Sunday Night at the London Palladium and Cannonball on Sunday evenings .. and a few years later watching Onedin Line and loving how SLOW time seemed to pass watching it ... I hated school ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X