Johnny Eagle Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Eagle Rifle

I got this as a present from my grandad. It was a hunting rifle, with working bolt action and telescopic sights. It came with plastic bullets which were spring loaded, when you fired one it left the cartridge behind which would eject when you opened the bolt to reload. It came with a matching pistol which also fired smaller bullets and also came with a shield with elephant tusks on so you could hang it on the wall! A fantastic toy with a good range on the bullets.Sadly my folks took the firing pin out after I took to sniping in the street, I was about 10 then so around 1970. I think this was a better looking and more useful weapon than the Johnny Seven! The Johnny Eagle Rifle gun was essentially a sniper gun though, even the adverts encouraged you to "Just position yourself on the hill and attack!". To add to that authentic feel you could even mount your rifle onto your wall using the faux-wood grain plaque that came included in the box. Each plaque was "richly crafted with action-illustrated scenes".

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X