Kizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kizzy

I rember it and loved it have just named my puppy after her. As she had a mass of black curls and the dog is black

Helen
    Last edited by HG; 21-10-2009, 13:07. Reason: reducing font size

Comment

I too remember 'Kizzy', I can picture her wearing a little red jacket. My hubbie says his sister was the image of her and that she was teased unmercifully because of it.

Comment

I LOVED Kizzy - watched the series twice (they repeated it) and sought out and read The Didakoi over and over (when I wasn't engrossed in Enid Blyton!)

Comment

This is sure to upset a few people so apologise in advance.

As a Kid I was enthralled by Kizzy & I`m annoyed that the master tapes of that drama were erased by the BBC so new material could be recorded, I thought that sometime in the forseeable future we`d see this bought out on Dvd but it`s down to those people who may have taped it on video & still have the tapes lying about somewhere.
          I find it tragic that this programme that dealt with issues still in the media today has possibly been lost forever,sorry guys but this is one that may have been lost forever.
          "If it moves shoot it, if it doesn't move shoot it anyway!"

Comment

I remember Kizzy too! She was a little pure Romany girl (the old fashioned traveller) and she lived in a decorated horedrawn Caravan with her Gran (think the old horse was called Joe?)

Her Gran sadly died, and in Romany tradition the Caravan has to be burnt.

The girls in the village were truly horrible to her (Prudence Cuthbert was awful!) I think she may have been adopted by a kindly ex Army Colonel, who lived in a huge house? Was his name Colonel Twiss?

This is what I recall, and if it is true about those tapes being erased then I am sad! But, I am sure that I saw it for sale on DVD somewhere on the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by jenMcatdo View Post
              I loved the book so much that I named my daughter Kizzy. I would love to see some clips from this show. I have the book (thanks to my Mum) but would really like the TV series so I can show my daughter, who is now 8 1/2, who she is named after.

p.s. she had dark swarthy skin and curly hair just like Kizzy on the show and I love her very much.
              http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/1366122/index.html

I remember Kizzy, I loved it! would love to see it again. find some clips here, see link above

Comment

I can certainly remember parts of the series shown on TV.It was shown on BBC in 1976.Althow it feels to be a lot later then that.I can remember a lot of cruelty in the program between the children in the series.

Comment

All six episodes now available on youtube, search for Kizzy 1976

Comment

Working...
                  X