Kizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kizzy

does anyone remember Kizzy, a 70's kids drama about a gypsy girl who lived in a caravan with gran, and does anyone remember Golden Dolly kids fashion shoes wth a free poster,does anyone remember a fairytale comic from yhe late 60's early 70's called Once Upon a Time, I loved this comic.

Re: Kizzy

I remember Kizzy..loved it! I wanted to live in a caravan just like she did too.

Tass

Comment

I don't remember it being on TV, but I did have the book it was based on - The Diddakoi by Rumer Godden. (Same person who wrote Tottie, if anyone remembers that)
      I'm your duck

Comment

Originally posted by Lisey View Post
        I don't remember it being on TV, but I did have the book it was based on - The Diddakoi by Rumer Godden. (Same person who wrote Tottie, if anyone remembers that)
        I remember the series "Kizzy" (1976) and I bought the book. Rumer Goden wrote several childrens stories among other things Rumer Godden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Yeah I have asked so many people and no-one remembers Kizzy. I loved the programme and am thinking of naming my campervan Kizzy. Do you know of any sites that we can view clips of the programme? Am so glad someone else remembers it, thought I was going mad!!!!

Comment

I loved the book so much that I named my daughter Kizzy. I would love to see some clips from this show. I have the book (thanks to my Mum) but would really like the TV series so I can show my daughter, who is now 8 1/2, who she is named after.

p.s. she had dark swarthy skin and curly hair just like Kizzy on the show and I love her very much.

Comment

That is really spooky...as I was drifting off to sleep this morning (!) that TV drama came into my head! I remember some of her friends were spoilt little bitches who wanted to drive her out of their village. After an accident her caravan burned down and the series concluded with her receiving a new one and making up with the nasty girls.

Comment

This was one of my favourite progs as a child. I'm surprised anyone else remembers it.
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I remember it so well, along with others such as Our John Willie and Joe and the Gladiator. Does anyone know where vids or DVDs can be got with the series on. I have one or two leads to follow up already and will post a new thread if I get anywhere.

Comment

I remember Kizzy the slave from Roots....
                    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved Kizzy too! and I wanted to be her. This is definately a show I would love to see again and show my kids. I have the book also.

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                        I remember Kizzy the slave from Roots....
                        Wasn't she Kunta Kinte's daughter?

Comment

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
                          does anyone remember Kizzy, a 70's kids drama about a gypsy girl who lived in a caravan with gran, and does anyone remember Golden Dolly kids fashion shoes wth a free poster,does anyone remember a fairytale comic from yhe late 60's early 70's called Once Upon a Time, I loved this comic.
                          'Once Upon A Time' - ahhh yes, I used to get that, must've been late 60's

Comment

Originally posted by Quetelet View Post
                            Wasn't she Kunta Kinte's daughter?

I've been to his home village, in The Gambia
                            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                              I've been to his home village, in The Gambia
                              Specifically for that reason, or was it part of a trip? Do tell....

Comment

Working...
                              X