Yellow House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow House

who can remember the kids show Yellow House. The theme tune had a group of kids in a garden outside The Yellow House singing we all live in the yellow house, and does anyone remember a Scottish sunday morning kids show called The Sunday Gang with a puppet mouse called Mackinosh, the theme tune went something like ,knocking on doors chapping on windows round and round we go, we are the Sunday Gang---

Re: Yellow House

"The Yellow House" (1974) The Yellow House

TV Cream: SPYTRAP to SYKES The Sunday Gang

Last edited by Heather74; 13-07-2008, 20:14.
    Heather

Comment

aw thanks for that, got a clearer picture now that i have seen the photo's. maxine.

Comment

Yes i remember the Yellow House ... because i was in it! And i came across this post whilst doing some research on it. I was Michael one of the boys in the show and was aged 7 when this was filmed in 1974 in Australia. I am now 44 and live in the UK. If anyone has video of this show i would really appriciate a copy of it. Or if anyone else was in the show and comes across this blog then please contact me.

Regards,
        Michael Finnigan

Comment

Wow not only do you share your name with a great kids song, you were famous too, can I have your autograph please? Welcome to DYR Michael, have fun
          Heather

Comment

I always remember the clown crying at the end of it.....but in retrospect it was probably tears of relief at getting all these precocious brats out of his home!

Being Glasweigan I well remember the Sunday Gang although it probably wouldn't be allowed today ...all these do-gooder, pc bores eroding Christian values......I'm about to go off on one....!!

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
              I always remember the clown crying at the end of it.....but in retrospect it was probably tears of relief at getting all these precocious brats out of his home!

Being Glasweigan I well remember the Sunday Gang although it probably wouldn't be allowed today ...all these do-gooder, pc bores eroding Christian values......I'm about to go off on one....!!
              The clown! He was the one who kept wringing out his hankie cos gallons of water were gushing out of his eyes -
              I was trying to remember years ago when Gazza was crying on the Walkers crisps advert and I just knew I'd saw something similar a long time earlier

Comment

hi michael.

My name is Sarah Chircop and my Grandfather, Vivien Weekes was one of the presenters on 'The Yellow House.' He has recently passed away and I was wondering if you knew of any photos or media that might be out there of the show. I can't find a thing, and would really like to find ANYTHING of his time on the show.

It has been a while since your post in this blog so I was hoping that maybe you may have had some luck since..

Thanks again

Sarah :-)

Originally posted by yellowhouse View Post
                Yes i remember the Yellow House ... because i was in it! And i came across this post whilst doing some research on it. I was Michael one of the boys in the show and was aged 7 when this was filmed in 1974 in Australia. I am now 44 and live in the UK. If anyone has video of this show i would really appriciate a copy of it. Or if anyone else was in the show and comes across this blog then please contact me.

Regards,
                Michael Finnigan

Comment

Hi Sarah,
                  we just saw this so many years later. I am Bruce and i am helping Michael Find the Yellow house Video. This is what we know so far...
                  Eric Porter was the director and it was recorded over an 6-8 week period during the school holidays in Australia through June Reilly agency.
                  Eric porters wife has the rights to the copyright and the last time we checked (some years ago) she was in a nursing home up north of sydney. The Australian film and Tv archive does have it and all the episodes including a spin off called Yellow Town.
                  The Australian Film and Tv archive must have permission from Mrs Porter to release any copy and we have to pay some astronomical fee for each episode copy. Best way to stay in touch is to find Micheal on facebook. Here he is here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/mfinnigan

regards,
                  Bruce

Comment

Hi Sarah,
                    My name is Luke Simon, and I lived in Ashbury N.S.W, and went to school with Amanda. I remember her mum and dad ( the yellow house clown) very well. They lived in third st. Amanda and a few of us used to walk home from school together, and in 1972, she saw me get run over by a car. I can still remember her scream. Put me in hospital for two weeks. Are you in contact with her?.

Comment

Hi,

I've been trying to find something concrete on Yellow House for years. At least I can see here that some others recall it too. I don't remember the exact words to the theme song but I vividly recall the tune, in children's vocals:

Let's all go to the Yellow House
                      Where the sun shines bright
                      And the (something)'s play

Let's all go to the Yellow House
                      For a happy, (snappy??) day!!

Not great, I know, but hope this helps in some small recollection.

Comment

Working...
                      X