Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70's group called Child

I remember them
    Graham Bilbrough (thinks thats how it was spelt) Tim and Keith Attack and Mike McKenzie
    but can't seem to find any albums anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Alicat29 View Post
      I remember them
      Graham Bilbrough (thinks thats how it was spelt) Tim and Keith Attack and Mike McKenzie
      but can't seem to find any albums anywhere
      Hi - I have most of their albums in a corner of the attic!!! They were THE ones!!! tried to find a re-release on cd but cant :-(:cry:

Comment

Keith Atack was married to/partner of Kate Robbins - their daughter is an actress too. Kate is Paul McCartney's second cousin

Comment

I am glad I have found others that remember "child" ...... they had "hits" with "It might as rain until September" and "Still the One" I was introduced to them by my first boyfriend who bought me the single ... I still have it how sad is that ....... I was a good girl at school but I did "wagg it" from school on one occassion and that is when they were doing a record signing in Manchester Arndale ... arrrrrrrrrr yes I remember it well .... was very excited .....

Comment

didnt they record a version of every time you walk in the room ?

Comment

also the song it,s only make believe

Comment

hey yeah my mate and i were crazy for this group and used to be in their fanclub!!!!
                i used to have their album too but think that went astray yrs ago.
                they used to be on swap shop regulary.
                graham bilborough was the lead singer,mike mckenzie was the dark haired one on guitar and the twins were tim and keith attack.forget which was drummer...think it was tim.
                check out 'lonely blue boy' child on you tube.there are other links there for its only make believe,still the one and others.great footage,great memories.

Comment

Sure I had a single of theirs in the 70s which was a medley of 'Here Comes Summer' & The Who's 'I Can't Explain', or am I thinking of another band?

Comment

God what memories, nice to see the guys still on you tube, I remember them well, I knew Mike well, I was a family friend, I got to tour with them in 1977/8 Ilford. Bradford,Edinburgh, Newcastle, Glasgow, Manchester etc...time of my life. My first introduction to groupies......it was an eye opener....lol . Mike's family stayed in Edinburgh, he and Evan (he was their roadie, but Mike's best friend) Mike had a sister Yvonne who had a little boy and Mike's Mum Ella, who was a wonderful lady. I have so many pictures and stories.....seems a life time ago. Nice to see it all again.

Comment

They were awful, I remember wanting to edit them out of my Top 20 tape that I recorded in August 1978 especially as they were between Sham 69 and the Saturday Night Band - yes I liked both New Wave and cutting edge disco but NOT Child! Top of the Pops desperately plugged their second single that was not even in the Top 40 in about November of the same year but it was not to be and Child became another One Hit Wonder. I loved July-August 78 and have all the Top 20 shows from then on CD but always fast forward It's Only Make Believe!! Thankfully, their second single did not trouble the charts so even though we 'went Top 40' on 12-11-78, I needed to never suffer them again!!

Comment

hi
                        just found a record by the band in my record collection signed aswell .
                        the band did a personel appearance where i worked in the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
                          Does anyone remember the 70's pop group called Child, there were good looking twins called Tim and Keith Atack in it, nobody seems to remember them.
                          Hi,I remember the twins.They were a few years above me at High School in Pontefract.At the time I didnt see what all the fuss was about.I was much more interested in Airfix models and Commando war comics!One of their daughters is Charlotte in The Inbetweeners.

Comment

I saw them at a club in the late 70's in San Diego....So good....cute groupies too

Comment

Does anyone know the names of their albums? i think they released two. i`ve been trying to get hold of one of their sons for ages, unfortunately it`s a "B Side" so it`s proving hard to get hold of. i even asked Tim about it and he said that none of childs music made it to digital and all he has left is the first album! but it might be on one of the albums and i might manage to get it on ebay etc.

Comment

Originally posted by deejayk2 View Post
                                I remember them. I worked in a Pub in Sherburn and the landlords daugher was going out with Graham. He used to pop in from time to time and I remember being absoloutly awestruck when I received a Xmas card from both of them! The twins I think..lived close by in Fairburn
                                Hi deejay,which pub did you work at in Sherburn?I left school in 1978 and went to work at GW Sissons,when their yard was on Low Sreet.Know quite a few people from Sherburn.I am from Ponte.

Comment

Working...
                                X