Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember 70's TV shows

hi people.
    My wife and I are trying to recall some of the shows we used to watch in the 70's. " in particular we can remember watching ( although the memories are scratchy)
    first show;
    was about some kids that travelled through time. If my memory serves me well, i recall them walking through either a hole in a fence or two large poles near a fence.

second show;
    was about a boy called sky. he had blue eye's (completely blue, no whites or pupils).

Can any one help us please ?

Re: Do you remember 70's TV shows

Could the first one be Timeslip?
    Timeslip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    EDIT... Just put timeslip into our search bar and found a clip posted by Daz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9OjzL8WeSc

sky
    http://www.juganet.com/welcome.htm
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185113/
    Last edited by Heather74; 12-07-2008, 12:37.
    Heather

Comment

yes thank you the first one is definitely time slip.
      wow what a blast.

the second one i'm still not sure about. I'm just looking through the links you posted.

thank you muchly

Comment

The top link I posted on my original answer under the word Sky takes you to actual screen shots and magazine scans.

Scans from TV Times of April 14th, 1975 added September 20th 2005
        Scan from TV Times of March 29th, 1975 added August 1st, 2005
        Scan from TV Times of Monday, May 5th added July 5th, 2005
        Scan from Look In of June 14th, 1975 added February 28th, 2005
        Scan from TV Times of Monday, April 21st and April 28th added February 25th, 2005
        News from Star Trader and Action TV Online Homepage added on the News page
        Scans from 1975 magazine Look In added November 8, 2004
        Scan from TV Times of Monday, May 17th added January 4, 2005

taken from http://www.juganet.com/welcome.htm
        Last edited by Heather74; 09-10-2008, 20:16.
        Heather

Comment

Yes , You are all right.

Thank you for all your help.

I just need to see if I can find some clips somewhere, so I can show my kids the show.
          Last edited by Heather74; 09-10-2008, 20:17.

Comment

Can anyone help me find clips from the 70's kids drama called Sky, i loved this programme, it was soooo scary.
            Salemsmine

Comment

The bottom of this thread has a tag sky everything we have about the programme here on DYR can be found is those threads.
              Heather

Comment

On YouTube thanks to WillieGetaway YouTube - Sky Episode 1 "Burning Bright" pt.1

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                  On YouTube thanks to WillieGetaway YouTube - Sky Episode 1 "Burning Bright" pt.1
                  Wow! Great to see this show after so long. Thank you!

(Is it OK to post direct links to copyrighted YouTube clips from here? I know some sites are sensitive about it. I am a newbie on DYR so just want to be sure, incase I ever want to do this kind of link.)

Comment

You're very welcome Marine Boy. I waited so long to see it, watched it twice from start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a shame it hasn't been released on dvd though because all involved are missing out on royalties.

(I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate for someone my age to still be lusting after 17 year old Marc Harrison but I can't help myself .)

Comment

Yes ! There was something very homoerotic about the leading male actor and the baddie Ambrosia Goodchild was the epitomy of an older spurned gay lover turned bad! It was a tad camp!

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                        Yes ! There was something very homoerotic about the leading male actor and the baddie Ambrosia Goodchild was the epitomy of an older spurned gay lover turned bad! It was a tad camp!
                        Just finished watching the series and I must admit, this never occured to me at all! Mark Harrison was kind of 'pretty' I suppose, but that's all. I will now look at it in a whole new light.

Comment

Sky

Anyone remember this late 70's sci-fi teatime show? It starred Marc Harrison as a blond-haired blue-eyed (blue contact lenses that even covered the whites of his eyes) humanoid from another time/dimension who accidentally "fell" from the sky and who had still developing super powers? The forces of nature tried to destroy him, detecting that he was an anomaly, and became manifest in the form of a baddie called Ambrose Goodchild who sought to destroy Sky. Sky meanwhile was rescued and helped by a West Country lad called Arbie and his sister, while he searched for a device called the Juganet which was his portal back to his own time and place. The first 3 episodes can be found on YouTube if you Google "Sky Marc Harrison".

I've never found ANYONE who remembers this series. Marc Harrison (as Sky) was my first ever crush (and yes, watching the old episodes now makes me cringe to admit it). Me and my best pal were desparately in love with him and couldn't wait for each week's episode! (We were also big Tomorrow People fans)

Comment

Re: Sky

Yes, I loved this series and it was great to see the episodes again on YouTube. They were all up there at one time but it seems some have been taken down.

Sky has been discussed on DYR before but I can't seem to find the thread.

A really spooky and well written series. The leaves blowing across Sky as he lay on the forest floor, is an image that will always stay with me.
                            Last edited by Marine Boy; 09-11-2009, 20:37.

Comment

Re: Sky

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...html#post94507

Comment

Working...
                              X