Hi from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Australia

Hi, found this site last night and have enjoyed all the memories, especially all the old sweets.

I grew up in England (until age 10) when I moved to Australia, so I still remember things.

Looking forward to remembering more.

Re: Hi from Australia

Those memories just come rushing back when you're looking round here don't they ?? Hope you enjoy being with us for long time!!

Welcome to DYR
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

welcome to DYR,Glad you are enjoying the forum
      Heather

Comment

Hi Deb, welcome, its a great site here at DYR and everyone is very friendly....I'm still trying to find some fellow Aussies to have a discussion about the Henderson Kids, the D-Gen, The Late Show and Countdown.....so let me know when you are ready!!

kym

Comment

Hi Deb, welcome to DYR from another pohm living in oz.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Welcome.

Visited your great country to meet some internet/Stockcar racing friends for the first time last January/Febuary who live in QLD. All being well will be going again this January. What a great country and great people, XXXX Gold anyone?
            sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

hi Deb

great to have you on board!

Dave
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Thankyou everyone for your welcome. Yes the memories just come flooding back,

Designgirl - I wasn't really into Henderson kids but loved countdown, d-gen and late show.

From what i've seen already I think i'm going to enjoy being here.

Deb.

Comment

wot no mention of Skippy?

my 2 Aussie favs are Prisoner (always hard to follow over here though as the different TV regions showed it at different stages!)

and..the Paul Hogan Show (was that its proper/full name?) I remember his way to do toast: hammer a piece of bread to the wall, then get the blow torch on it!
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                    wot no mention of Skippy?

my 2 Aussie favs are Prisoner (always hard to follow over here though as the different TV regions showed it at different stages!)

and..the Paul Hogan Show (was that its proper/full name?) I remember his way to do toast: hammer a piece of bread to the wall, then get the blow torch on it!
                    Ha, SteveF and I were just discussing the Paul Hogan show...it was one of my Dad's fave shows in the 70s! Hoges was an Australian icon...his star might have faded since the glory days of Crododile Dundee though...(couple of really woeful movies in recent years...)

I am no fan of Skippy, every kid over the age of 3 realised how lame it was what is way better, is the Late Show spoof on bad Aussie kids shows - 'Charlie the Wonder Dog with the Pissweak Kids'.

YouTube - Charlie The Wonder Dog "A Very Charlie Christmas"
                    YouTube - Charlie the Wonderdog - "Rescue on Mt. Variable Weather"

Comment

who was his strange looking mate ?

oh mi gosh...for the chaps....I'd forgotten all about this lady (god knows how?!?!)
                      YouTube - CLIP FROM THE PAUL HOGAN SHOW 70'S
                      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                        who was his strange looking mate ?

oh mi gosh...for the chaps....I'd forgotten all about this lady (god knows how?!?!)
                        YouTube - CLIP FROM THE PAUL HOGAN SHOW 70'S
                        John Cornell was 'Strop' the weird looking guy. He wrote and produced the show with Hoges. The attractive young girl in the clip is Delvene Delaney and she is married to John Cornell, has been for a long time. She is remembered for acting in The Young Doctors. They run a famous pub in Byron Bay now...

Comment

You can get the Paul Hogan Show on DVD:

Paul Hogan - The Best Of The Paul Hogan Show (2 Disc Set) @ EzyDVD

I bought it for my father as we used to watch this on TV (in the UK) in the 70s.

Comment

Skippy always horrified me as a kid... who cut his front legs off!

Comment

Working...
                            X