Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: school days

Default Re: school days

Quote Originally Posted by wispa lover View Post
    This may sound personal, but I have Asperger Syndrome.
    Same here but due to not being very well known when I was at school I ended up in mixture of schools. Hated maths due the teacher not letting me go ahead in my work and also told not to be so clever. Headmaster telling me that I`d never about to anything. Did have a few nice teachers like the music teacher, pretty nice lady. Used to play different tunes on the piano as we left assembly. Remember marching out to starwars once. Sneaking out to the park at breaktime for a quick ciggy and finding most of the teachers were there smoking as well. Best teacher was the art teacher, always let me work at my own pace and always took the time to listen.

Friday afternoons in one of my old schools would be a free lesson, we'd go on the computer or get out some board games. That was in a special school, though. Did any of you get free lessons in primary schools?

. Did any of you get free lessons in primary schools?
    Not in primary, got them in 6th form, oh no they were study periods
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Did any of you get free lessons in primary schools?
    We used to get let out about an hour early on a Friday but that was about it

No, we didn't get any free lessons from what I can remember.

I will always associate the smell of burning popcorn with our school disco's.
    One mans trash is another mans treasure !

I've been thinking about some of the good (and bad) teachers I had at school and some of the lessons I loved and loathed. I thought of starting a new thread but found this one. The OP mentions teachers and subjects.

Tributes to Mr Ilsley; my form teacher when I was ten years old. He was gentle, kind and approchable. Mrs Kidd; French teacher, sometimes severe but always caring. Mrs Walker; patient and dedicated science teacher whom we all loved. Obviously, science was therefore a subject I enjoyed a lot, though I was never especially good at it.

Some people here have talked about Friday afternoons. We had a thing called 'clubs'. This was a more informal way of spending the last period of the week. It was a bit like after-school clubs but as part of the school day. Cooking, woodwork, needlework, gymnastics, art. You just chose your club and spent most of Friday afternoon doing it!

Miss McNeil who read us a chapter of "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" every afternoon before home time...

Mr Millington who looked like William Conrad out of the detective series "Cannon" and would talk very quietly and then SHOUT VERY LOUDLY FOR NO APPARENT REASON!

"She moves in such an exciting world!"

I remember when we had an end of school year class party with food and music, dancing to records like Hot Love and Crazy Horses with my tie tied around my head. Well I thought I looked cool!

I would like to mention my favourite ever teacher Mrs Garood. She taught English and inspired me to always do my best in her lessons. I had such respect for her.

'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
    Miss McNeil who read us a chapter of "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" every afternoon before home time...
    We too were read stories, bit by bit, at the end of every school day. I'm sure the Narnia books were included. Another regular one was Professor Brainstorm.