Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: school days

Default Re: school days

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    I lay in bed unable to sleep last night and started to think about my primary school, i started painting a mental portrait of every room and corridor and 50 years on i was able to recall every detail, wierd really as most days i can't recall my own name.
    I left school nearly a quarter of a century ago, and even now I sometimes feel as if my father is about to tell me to get out of bed and go to school at 8.00 am on the dot, and the irony is that my father has been dead for 21 years! As an adult, to a certain degree I feel more like a free spirit, and I would have gone onto further education if it wasn't for the de ja vu feel that school had for me.

I hate having that de ja vu feeling towards the area that used to I live in, especially that titan of so-called community spirit - the local school. I stopped taking local newspapers because I was sick to death of reading about people I went to school with either committing crime or being victims of one.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by Arran View Post
    The first PCs that ran Windows 95. Originally for kids in Y6 but they let me use them at times. They would gradually replace the Acorn Archimedes.
    I recall this programme upon my 2nd stint/attempt at College in 1995 and daftly thought at the time Windows 95 = the Year 1995, just like Jarvis from Pulp sang Disco 2000 in 1995 ..... which is equally as crazy on reflection!!

I can barely recall the Computers at school that we had - though they'd probably be the "old BBC Micro" no doubt, and I can just about recall them at College in 1995 as so wth sides where you put the Floppy Disc in and we still had certain Drives like A and D, that served quick saving of ocuments etc etc and lesser so for the other one (though too I can not recall which was which)!!

On the subject of Computers and school connections and the sad passing of George A. Cooper as Mr Griffiths, I fondly recall - not because it was Grange Hill - but as what it was about - a man of an older Generation asking a Pupil (namley Akik Raschim) in Series 13 about what does this Computer do and poor Erick fidgiting about with the thing not knowing even then what to do with the "said machine" ..... this too was "only" 1989/1990, but seems such innocent times indeed1!

80sChav

Yes, Windows 95 did come out in 1995!

They used The Rolling Stones song Start Me Up to promote it.
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Roly poly, briliant!...Roll down a hill and when you reach the bottom tend to all the cuts and bruises and then clean off all the mud and dogmuck GREAT FUN!
    Ha ha Tex, I think your imagination has run away with you there, I never said it was down a hill, let alone that there were cuts and bruises and DOG MUCK involved, you do have a filthy mind

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    Ha ha Tex, I think your imagination has run away with you there, I never said it was down a hill, let alone that there were cuts and bruises and DOG MUCK involved, you do have a filthy mind
    Oh, just recalling what a roly poly was like for a young Tex
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

I had a feeling that's what you were doing, hope it didn't get too mucky

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    Yes, Windows 95 did come out in 1995!

They used The Rolling Stones song Start Me Up to promote it.
    I recall being extremely irritated by that !!!

I always hated that track .. then Microsoft go and use it and paid the Stones millions£ as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windows 95 and 98 used to crash all the time. The first stable version of Windows was XP.

Few playground games...... Hopscotch, statues, tag, blind mans bluff, penny toss, conkers, keepy uppy, spin the bottle, truth or dare, marbles,
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arran View Post
    Windows 95 and 98 used to crash all the time. The first stable version of Windows was XP.
    Yes, I really liked XP!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!