Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: school days

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    This is similar for me - every time I see a pic of Judith Durham, I have denied for months now why I love/adore her so much but now accept that the reason is cos of this girl I used to know who taunted me into being her Boyfriend then either dumped me or insisted on "lets play pretend" so we never was Boy and Girlfriend

Let's just say though that this girl through her name and trials and tribulations she brought me/caused me brought me "bundles of Joy" with the clue in the name

80sChav

I really hate it when girls do that - I think that it happens to boys at least once.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I really hate it when girls do that - I think that it happens to boys at least once.
      Thanks for this nie comment, George. Most of the girls I knew compared to the boys was fine with me, so I hold no grudge against the lady the girl became = another Judith Durham link from the song "I Am Australian" Re; the girl became a Wwoman on the long and dusty road

80sChav

Comment

I have to admit that there was this girl in the year below me at Comprehensive School - shall we say that she was really interested in me, but I have to say that I wasn't interested in her. I suppose that as we were at school together and on school premises, we had to be strictly "business" if you know what I mean.

Now that well over 25 years worth of water has passed under the bridge, if we did meet each other in a more "adult" perspective and she was still single now, I would jump at the chance. Saw her Facebook profile a year or two back, and from what I saw, she wasn't single according to what I read on there...
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          Thanks for this nie comment, George. Most of the girls I knew compared to the boys was fine with me, so I hold no grudge against the lady the girl became = another Judith Durham link from the song "I Am Australian" Re; the girl became a Wwoman on the long and dusty road

80sChav
          You are a Seekers fan? I Am Australian should be our National Song imho. When sung well as Judith does it is very moving.. Have you ever heard 60,000 people sing it? This was during the closing ceremony of the Millenium Sydney Games. How incredibly emotional do you think that is. The pride whelled inside me like never before or since..
          Last edited by Donald the Great; 28-09-2018, 03:03.

Comment

I am more than a fan Donald - I am totaly truly crazy on them and love Judith so dearly as a fan. Her amazing charm is she would look beautifull equaly in cheap Market Clothes as much as she did on Grand Final Dayin the mid 90s singing I Am Australian nad Waltzing Matilda

Their/her Music is sensational groundbreaking stuff for the era of the mid 60s - years a-head of it's time and, yeah I Am Australian is so so beautiful / E,otions of it are not enough for words to describe how amazing it is
            80sChav
            Last edited by 80sChav; 28-09-2018, 20:57.

Comment

My late mother had a couple of Seekers records and an LP which had a very dated 1960s picture of the group wearing sub-Carnaby Street "hippy" type fashions on the front cover.

No doubt that as someone younger I used to confuse them with the New Seekers.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                My late mother had a couple of Seekers records and an LP which had a very dated 1960s picture of the group wearing sub-Carnaby Street "hippy" type fashions on the front cover.

No doubt that as someone younger I used to confuse them with the New Seekers.
                Keith Pottenger of the Seekers was the brains behind the New Seekers.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  Keith Pottenger of the Seekers was the brains behind the New Seekers.
                  Didn't realise there was a connection, although I might have almost realised it in the past - I thought that the New Seekers added the "New" bit on their name in order to avoid confusion and perhaps in order to avoid being sued as well.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

My school days have been documented in the Trip Down Memory Lane thread. I have transferred it here in keeping with theme of this thread.

I was forced into a boarding school when my father passed. I was still 6 and I was to spend 10 long, lonely years at this Mason-run draconian establishment. I just happen to have a video of my school which shock/horror I found online. Must have been a promotion vid at the time. Sorry about the poor quality.

https://youtu.be/SWiQA0OvKX8

Comment

edit
                      Last edited by Donald the Great; 02-11-2018, 10:39.

Comment

At around 46secs of the vid there are a group of boys walking. I am not 100% certain but the tall boy in the middle could be my big brother..the small blonde boy on his left yours truly.. I reckon this must have been about 1964.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                          My school days have been documented in the Trip Down Memory Lane thread. I have transferred it here in keeping with theme of this thread.

I was forced into a boarding school when my father passed. I was still 6 and I was to spend 10 long, lonely years at this Mason-run draconian establishment. I just happen to have a video of my school which shock/horror I found online. Must have been a promotion vid at the time. Sorry about the poor quality.

https://youtu.be/SWiQA0OvKX8
                          Oh Donald, I feel for you, that must have been really hard on you, I had a look and it does indeed look draconian, like something from another world. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemima View Post
                            Oh Donald, I feel for you, that must have been really hard on you, I had a look and it does indeed look draconian, like something from another world. Thanks for sharing.
                            Jemima you are most kind. Did you catch what I am fairly certain is my older brother and I. Go to about 46 secs of the clip and the tall boy in the middle of the group is my brother while I am on his left.. the small blonde boy.

Comment

Hated school and played hookey a lot, we called it "wagging it" so left school with zero qualifications but i seem to of done ok
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

We were given severe detention if we wagged school. Usually mean we were denied the monthly film.. which I so looked forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                X