Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: school days

Default Re: school days

My late mother had a couple of Seekers records and an LP which had a very dated 1960s picture of the group wearing sub-Carnaby Street "hippy" type fashions on the front cover.

No doubt that as someone younger I used to confuse them with the New Seekers.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    My late mother had a couple of Seekers records and an LP which had a very dated 1960s picture of the group wearing sub-Carnaby Street "hippy" type fashions on the front cover.

No doubt that as someone younger I used to confuse them with the New Seekers.
    Keith Pottenger of the Seekers was the brains behind the New Seekers.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Keith Pottenger of the Seekers was the brains behind the New Seekers.
    Didn't realise there was a connection, although I might have almost realised it in the past - I thought that the New Seekers added the "New" bit on their name in order to avoid confusion and perhaps in order to avoid being sued as well.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

My school days have been documented in the Trip Down Memory Lane thread. I have transferred it here in keeping with theme of this thread.

I was forced into a boarding school when my father passed. I was still 6 and I was to spend 10 long, lonely years at this Mason-run draconian establishment. I just happen to have a video of my school which shock/horror I found online. Must have been a promotion vid at the time. Sorry about the poor quality.

https://youtu.be/SWiQA0OvKX8

edit
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 02-11-2018 at 10:39.

At around 46secs of the vid there are a group of boys walking. I am not 100% certain but the tall boy in the middle could be my big brother..the small blonde boy on his left yours truly.. I reckon this must have been about 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald the Great View Post
    My school days have been documented in the Trip Down Memory Lane thread. I have transferred it here in keeping with theme of this thread.

I was forced into a boarding school when my father passed. I was still 6 and I was to spend 10 long, lonely years at this Mason-run draconian establishment. I just happen to have a video of my school which shock/horror I found online. Must have been a promotion vid at the time. Sorry about the poor quality.

https://youtu.be/SWiQA0OvKX8
    Oh Donald, I feel for you, that must have been really hard on you, I had a look and it does indeed look draconian, like something from another world. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    Oh Donald, I feel for you, that must have been really hard on you, I had a look and it does indeed look draconian, like something from another world. Thanks for sharing.
    Jemima you are most kind. Did you catch what I am fairly certain is my older brother and I. Go to about 46 secs of the clip and the tall boy in the middle of the group is my brother while I am on his left.. the small blonde boy.

Hated school and played hookey a lot, we called it "wagging it" so left school with zero qualifications but i seem to of done ok
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

We were given severe detention if we wagged school. Usually mean we were denied the monthly film.. which I so looked forward to.