Humpty Dumpty Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Humpty Dumpty Club

I have lots of books from th packs that I got when I was little!! My son loves the story of Tiger Pig and Donald the Dinosaur!!! Fantastic memories!!

Comment

Hi All! I'm from Australia and I remember the Humpty Dumpty club fondly!!! In fact, I know of a friends kid who had it as recently as about 11 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was new and not passed on from someone else too. I soooo wish it was still around as I know have a little one and will soon have another one, and I'd love them to have it!! It was fantastic!! It really helped me to learn to read and write, I even wrote a letter to the Prime Minister of Australia (then Bob Hawke!) when I was 4!! :-)

Comment

I wasn't a member but I remember lots of friends having the height chart. I wanted one so badly that I attempted to make one myself but it never made it onto the wall so it must have been rubbish lol.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I subscribed when my youngest son was 3....he's now 38. With the help of the picture cards he could read before he was 4. I was so impressed I kept the contents, books etc for 6 years until i had my second son who is now 31. Both of them remember it with affection. The youngest has a baby due soon and he is obsessed with finding one of his favourite childhood books titled 'a fly in my eye'. Does anyone recall it.

I thought it was one of the books from the Club but we are unable to find it

Comment

Yes, I still have parts of it knocking around - well used for school purposes and my own two children.

Comment

I still have a couple of the books, Roger and the Elephants, and Jane Jones goes Shopping.

Comment

Brilliant! I came across the thread as one of my customers mentioned the Humpty Dumpty club today and I was curious to see how it looks like. It's funny to see how clubs like this or the Tufty club became hugely successful in the 60's-70s-80s. Is there anything similar for kids today?

Comment

This is similar - www.goldilocksletterbox.co.uk

Lots of activities are online for kids nowadays but little ones are so tactile they love receiving packages full of fun things to do!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bella73 View Post
                      Does anyone remember it? I remember a height chart, books and stickers when i was about 4 but nobody i know remembers it.

Bella x x
                      I remember it, I was at nursery so would have been 3 yo. I vividly remember getting books, one called Roger and The Elephant and another that was a poem (might have been called 24 Hours) that started '24 hours make a night and a day, never a moment more will stay'

Comment

Working...
                      X