mary, mungo and midge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mary, mungo and midge

who remembers watching this at lunchtime?
    Last edited by Tilly Jane; 26-07-2008, 21:48. Reason: spelling

Re: mary, mungo and midge

Yep, been watching it lately on Nick Jr too
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

oh my god, really?? wow, be tuning in!! ok, what about another couple of my faves, hickory house and pipkins, loved Pig!!

Comment

Well worth watching Nick Jr from 8pm loads of classics on there No Pipkins yet though

Comment

i've watched Banana Splits in the past on sky, there's some excellent ones they could bring back, is mr benn on anywhere?

Comment

Yes Nick Jr, not on at the moment but has been on.

Comment

ok,thanx, have to keep my eyes peeled

Comment

I used to watch Mary Mungo and Midge. It was on Watch with Mother at lunchtime I think. I remember going up in the lift, lol.

Comment

I've got the whole of Mary, Mungo and Midge on DVD so it should be easy to get hold of. The ending theme is one of my favourite pieces of TV music. In my mind it so conjures up the time I was watching in the early 70s and the new town they were living in (and where I was growing up, too).

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                    I've got the whole of Mary, Mungo and Midge on DVD so it should be easy to get hold of. The ending theme is one of my favourite pieces of TV music. In my mind it so conjures up the time I was watching in the early 70s and the new town they were living in (and where I was growing up, too).
                    Yep must have been around 1970.Certainly was one of the last of the Watch With Mother series to be Introduced and so not quite the same nolstagia for me as some of the earlier sixties ones such as Bizzy Lizzy etc..Watching in the countryside I thought we were deprived not living in tower blocks.Who could have known that less than a decade later these buildings were to become undesirable slums.

Comment

There were never any parents about; just Mary with her dog & mouse. She must have been about 10 so where were the social workers in all of this? lol
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I cant even remember this show the name does but not the programme

Comment

1969 it came out so maybe before you were born Amethyst
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                            1969 it came out so maybe before you were born Amethyst
                            I was around

Comment

I used to be glued to the TV screen when Midge was on. This is one of those programs that bring back some of those rare pre school memories. I can still see mum with the ironing board out or folding the clothes at the opposite end of the living room when this was on. The smell of the food on the cooker possibly for the nights main meal when and if dad got home from work, and the smell of the valves in the old radiogram and TV warming up. We had an open fire back then and I get memories of the fire crackling away to itself in the winter or on an old cold Autumn morning when I think about Mary,Mungo and Midge.

Comment

Working...
                              X