songs you haven't heard in ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: songs you haven't heard in ages

I've recently rediscovered 'Crazy' by Icehouse from the late '80s. Brilliant. It was another of those songs I bang on about earlier in this thread which had a lot of FM radio airplay at the time, but never made it too high up the charts.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Every now & again I hear odd songs from my chart taping days in 1987. One recently was Really Didn't Mean It by Luthor Vandross.

I was also surprised to hear Queen's Spread Your Wings a couple of weeks ago this was only a minor hit for them.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Now here is a song I have not heard in decades.... Sung by the Goodies in the 1970s
        "Father Christmas Do not not touch me".....
        Twas brilliant in its day the women loved to sing along to it.
        Another by the Goodies round about the same time was "The Funky Gibbon"

Comment

What a great thread!! I can not believe how I missed this before! Yeah I have too many to think of that I don't hear for ages! I love it when like EastEnders add 80s song's for Heather and Shirley - that's just pure brilliance i think. A few song's i've heard on my Travels recently are, T'pau - China In Your Hands, Belinda Carlisle - Heavon Is a Place On Earth, an Elton John one (i've forgot which).

All these classic 80s and early 90s ones take some way to be beaten, the only possible good cover being better than the orginal being Eternal Flame by Attomic Kitten in 2000/2001 I think

Comment

The atomic kitten version of 'Eternal Flame' is terrible!! The Bangles version is much better.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I like both but prefer the original.Haven't heard FOX ON THE RUN by THE SWEET for a while.

Comment

Any one remember, In a Broken Dream by Python Lee Jackson (Rod Stewart)

Comment

I often recall songs I haven't heard for ages, and have the real need to listen to them again, so I find myself digging out CDs I have somewhere which I know feature the song in question. Sometimes, I don't have the song and have to buy it so I've got it. Recently, this has happened with 'Tell Me When' by The Human League, and 'The Motive (Living Without You)' by Then Jerico.
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Tainted Love by Ultravox and (I think) Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys on EastEnders!! I so love some of those "New Romantic" song's, they just make me so happy (often). Eg like Everybody Wants To Rule The World when it was played on Only Fools and Horses';, Jolly Boys Outing Episiode. The "New Romantic" era was so great for the "new styles" of song's I think, and i'll always like it but all the time (listening) to it i'd get a tad bored I think.

Comment

This is a funny song and video - Prefab Sprout King Of Rock & Roll haven't heard this for years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SdWS...&feature=share

Comment

Climie Fisher - Love Changes Everything, Kraftwork - The Model, Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran, The Cars - Drive, Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love, Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere, Jellybean - Just A Mirage, Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock, Simple Minds Don't You Forget About Me, Eighth Wonder - I'm Not Scared, B52's -Summer Of Love/Love Shack

Comment

i do agree with u here mate.

others are heaven is a place on earth,holding out for a hero,t pau china in your hand.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                          Climie Fisher - Love Changes Everything, Kraftwork - The Model, Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran, The Cars - Drive, Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love, Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere, Jellybean - Just A Mirage, Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock, Simple Minds Don't You Forget About Me, Eighth Wonder - I'm Not Scared, B52's -Summer Of Love/Love Shack
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            i do agree with u here mate.

others are heaven is a place on earth,holding out for a hero,t pau china in your hand.
                            Darren like the songs you mention too. Holding Out For A Hero I remember they used it for an advert for mens aftershave? Also liked George Michael - Father Figure and loads of other songs that I can think of at the top of my head.

Comment

this song not heard in a long in a long time.
                              a beautiful song.

http://youtu.be/k2C5TjS2sh4
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                                this song not heard in a long in a long time.
                                a beautiful song.

http://youtu.be/k2C5TjS2sh4
                                This is indeed a beautiful song. Loved the film too. Here is another song/video I have not seen for years (once you get past the advert - another pet hate of mine!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXM0...&feature=share
                                Last edited by Beach Life; 20-11-2012, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X