songs you haven't heard in ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: songs you haven't heard in ages

same here not heard this in a long time and not to fond of it either.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
    This is indeed a beautiful song. Loved the film too. Here is another song/video I have not seen for years (once you get past the advert - another pet hate of mine!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXM0...&feature=share
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Dancing in the street in Morrisons yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        Dancing in the street in Morrisons yesterday
        A contradiction in terms, methinks.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Matt Monro, there's a singer you seldom hear anymore.
          Probably the best and only Brit crooner!
          Getting back to the point as far as a song is concerned, We're Gonna Change The World, not overtly political but relevant to this day.
          ​​​​​​​I think Ken Bruce used to play it on a regular basis during the good old days of Radio 2.

Comment

Many years ago I heard Tracey Ullman's They Don't Know in Matalan of all places.

My sister used to be a shop assistant for a well-known shoe shop, and we had a tape full of 1985-1987 music that we got after collecting wrappers from a well-known chocolate bar back then. She took the tape to work with her and played it for all the shop to hear. Now, I don't know about back then, but I am sure that these days the copyright blurb would say that the tape cannot legally be played in public like that to an "audience" where anyone can listen to it - I think that the Performing Rights Society would come down like a ton of bricks on firms that would do that these days - I know that there have even been the odd court case making the news as result of that confusion.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
              Dreadlock Holiday 10CC heard this in Home Bargains
              Home Bargains is new store that hasn't been on our High Streets very long (1976, says Wikipedia but I haven't noticed them until relatvely recently) - I know that they use red and cyan colours in their store fronts and logos which Argos used around the years ago. Went to a Liverpool one on my birthday.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst

They have cropped up quite a bit alongside B&M
                They seemed to have been founded in Liverpool which ironically enough was where I went to one of their stores. Always in the same ilk as Wilkinson's, Boyes, etc.

Anyway, songs in shops...
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

great thread this , forgot about Then Jericho …brilliant track
                  not too long ago I heard Propaganda , Dual . Another great tune and Sophie Ellis bextor’s cover was good too.
                  Got me thinking about listening to Peter Powell on R1 back in the 80s where he had a section at the end of the year called slipped discs that showcased all the brilliant songs that didn’t quite soar or indeed never charted but recieved good airplay.
                  as mentioned before , maybe because of the Stock, Aitken Waterman flood.
                  I recall buying and loving can’t stop running by space monkey played quite a lot at the time .

anyway, late to the party here but I reckon the mystery track queried below is Hocus Pocus by Focus

Originally posted by mrjolly View Post

I know this is going to sound really strange but I heard part of a song earlier which I can remember but can't think of who performed it or it's name. The only other small problem is the lyrics are quite hard to describe!

It's a mans voice and he's singing something like 'dodi di da dodi di da dody (about 3 times) pom pom!' Then he starts singing 'Ahhh Ahhh' getting higher and higher.

I don't know if the full song is rock, pop, folk, jazz or whether it's 70's or 80's - I just heard that bit and recognised it but don't know where from!

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

I used to listen to local FM radio a lot in the late '80s and early '90s, and I've recently been re-discovering some of the songs that these stations had a love affair with at the time, but didn't usually make it very far up the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by jonazop View Post
                      I used to listen to local FM radio a lot in the late '80s and early '90s, and I've recently been re-discovering some of the songs that these stations had a love affair with at the time, but didn't usually make it very far up the charts.
                      Among them are - 'Miss America' by The Big Dish, 'Runaways' by Dean Collinson, 'Jocelyn Square' by Love And Money, 'I Don't Mind At All' by Bourgeois Tagg, 'Sing' by Vivienne McKone, 'Streets Of Your Town' by The Go-Betweens. techzpod download mobdro

Comment

Thanks to YouTube and Alexa, songs that I haven't heard in ages automatically turn into songs that I have heard quite recently.

Ken Bruce on Radio 2 is a good place to hear songs that one has not heard in ages, as well as Pick of the Pops, providing that they don't skip it due to it being too obscure.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was just in primary school when I first heard it and I ended up singing it everyday...my siblings were quite irritated with me almost everyday.

Comment

Wild Wild West by The Escape Club. It wasn't a in the UK because of the video, but was a bit hit in the USA.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Donald, Where's Your Troosers?
                              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I could say the same for Christmas songs - "heard in ages" meaning nearly a year ago, but at this time of the year, it's the "waiting for a bus" syndrome - you wait ages and dozens come along at once.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X