Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Pin Ball Pinball Plastic Maze Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Pin Ball Pinball Plastic Maze Game?

Hi all,

I am trying to search for a obstacle maze board game.

It was around the mid to late 80's, at primary school, there were a couple of kids that had this board game and they brought it to school once and I can remember they were the most popular kids in school. Everyone wanted a shot, and I managed to squeeze in a few rounds
    I try my best to describe it, it's plastic obstacle board game, where you have to navigate a small ball bearing marble around an obstacle course, the course contains many ramps, mini rotating wheels, and other wonderful traps that will try to knock your ball over. I can remember many parts had little magnets that carry your little ball bearing ball to different parts of the course. I might be wrong but I don't think it had any batteries to operate it, all I can remember was there is a big turning dial, all you do is turn the dial to wind it up, once you let go, all the little parts on the course will start moving and it lasts about a minute or two, and the aim of the game is to get the little ball bearing from one end to the other. Here comes the fun part, you can't move the ball, the only way to move the ball is via a button, I can remember it having 2 buttons, by pressing these buttons and depending where the ball is at, it makes the ball jump to different parts of the course, because there is moving/spinning parts, there is some areas where you have to get the timing right to progress.
    I can remember, one kid had a small version which was smaller than a A4 (paper) size and the other kid had a bigger version which was slightly bigger than an A4 (paper) size. I can't remember if they where the same brand or not.

I have attached a picture of what the board game kinda looks like, I found this picture while googling, this game kinda looks simple, but the one I can remember had heaps of stuff on the board.

Hope someone will remember this game as I would love to get my hands on one.
    Attached Files

Re: Metal Pin Ball Pinball Plastic Maze Game?

Sounds like Screwball-Scramble??
    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...html#post73436

Last edited by Heather74; 30-07-2008, 13:01.
    Heather

Comment

huggie74:

Thanks for posting that link, that game is very close I assumed there might be a few companies making the same type of game.
      As I can remember it has the same concept and design as the one you posted in the link but the course/maze was bigger/longer with heaps more stuff going on at the same time, none the less, it's a start for me to keep looking

Thanks again.

Comment

could it be Yeeaghh! ??
        Heather

Comment

Looks like a good bet, nice find Heather.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Fingers crossed Steve
            Heather

Comment

You know what guys...BINGO!

Even though my memory was a bit vague, but I think these are the ones, after seeing the picture of the Screwball Scramble, at first it didn't ring a bell, all though it looked very similar, then it clicked! I do remember that bridge at the start and the balance platform and it occured to me that one kid had this game.

As for "Yeeaghh!", it looks like this was the other one too!, I remember this one being red and blue!

Now that I come to think of it, it might have been around the '90s not the mid '80s

Great work guys! now I gotta go get myself one

I know it's a long shot but what would be the best search phrase for these type of games, I wouldn't mind trying to find similar games to these.

Regards
              Tay
              Last edited by Tay; 31-07-2008, 06:44.

Comment

To be honest Tay its a bit hit and miss I found those two games by searching " Maze Toys" and for the Tomy "Handhelds". the only advise I have regards ebay is tick the search title and discription. Hope that helps. Heather.

P.S as for Screwball Scramble its still sold in most major toyshops.(Tesco and Toys R Us)
                Last edited by Heather74; 31-07-2008, 12:37.
                Heather

Comment

Hello again,
                  I just checked out Screwball Scramble. It is the exact same concept, same type of game as the one I am thinking of, though I am not 100% posative it is the one I am looking for. There were somethings that I did not really recall like the clock. Also, something seemed to be missing. The game from the picture in your origingal post had this red movint step looking thing (for lack of a better way to describe it) that looked familiar to me (as though I remember it being in the game I played). However, it was not in Screwball Scramble (now that does not mean it was in the game I played). I am not certain if either of these games are or are not the one I am looking for although I am almost posative that there was no Chineese on my game. Well thanks for your post it definetly helped even if neither one of these games turn out to be the one I'm looking for.

Sincerely,
                  Jennifer

Comment

not the one you're after, similar idea though, and this was my favourite Pocketeer:

Japanese TOMY Pocket Games

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

[QUOTE=Tay;95243]Hi all,

I am trying to search for a obstacle maze board game.

Hi.. I know its been a while since you posted this, but I'm in the same situation. Im from Mexico and I remember a game like the one you're writting about but the one I used to have was like yellow, with only 2 buttons and the ball had to pass from one point to another across a "river", into sonme kind of trunk. The images that were posted doesnt seem like the one I had. Im still looking but I hope you found your game.

Comment

Hi D I
                        I THINK THE GAME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS CALLED ROCK N ROLL MAZE. I HAD IT IN THE 80,S TOO AND LOVED IT!!!

Rock n roll maze x

Comment

i have been looking for this game so much! and found this forum and your post!

OMG i HAD that game, not the one on the photo but the one you described, y remember mine was yellow, and you had one button to activate the mechanisms that triggered the balls to go forward, it had ramps, rotating platforms and little magnets that carried the balls if i remember correctly it was four of them and the goal was to reach a little box at the end that was like a finish line.. i remember the turning dial and everything i want to find it so bad!!! please help!!!! i at least want the photo of it i remember it used 1 big battery the fat ones and also that the finish line, the little box had the drawing of a water drop i had no idea why hahahahahah please plase if someone remembers it or if you find something please post it here thank you very much

Comment

I FOUND IT

http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/prod...s/aaargh-loose

Last edited by dbako; 27-07-2011, 00:46.

Comment

it was called tricky traps

Comment

Working...
                              X