Name of collectible cards/stickers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of collectible cards/stickers?

Hi, I remember collecting these cards/stickers as a youngster. Used to get a few cards in a pack along with some chewing gum.
    Can't remember much more about them but probably mid-late 80's, and featured cartoon style characters such as Moby Dick and Quasimodo.
    Animals combined with sport maybe?

It's driving me mad not knowing.
    Any help much appreciated
    Cheers.

yes i remember those and the chewing gum tasted lovely for all of about 10 seconds then left a bitter taste in your mouth but i can't remember the name of them!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

http://www.topps.com/AboutTopps/history.html
      i found this link for you, i especially remember the garbage pail kids ones!
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Ta 4 dat dons - hoped to see a few '70s football cards there but hey, they are American....
        Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Thanks for the help.
          I've come to the conclusion they were not produced by Topps. The only other ones I remember are the garbage pail ones.

...back to trawling the net.

Comment

The collectors cards that I remember from my youth were "American Civil War" ones. Horrible hard flat gum which lost it's flavour in nano-seconds, gruesome coloured drawings of a Civil War battle or significant event and "Confederate States of America" handbills all in one wrapper.

They were great!
            Clive.

Comment

Working...
            X