Spidey memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidey memories

This memory had just popped into my head from the old Spiderman cartoon series in early to mid seventies ( 'does whatever a spider can etc')

The bad guys are holed up in top of a skyscraper and Peter Parker is strolling past the plaza ... suddenly his Spider sense tells him the villains are setting up a death ray to sweep over the city so he runs round the back of the tower and into some waste ground where he leaps into bushes and comes out as Spidey... he charges through the back alleyways towards the building and a voice says ' HEY MAN' so he leaps round in combat/defence mode

A bunch of hippies are sitting round a fire, full monty beat-niks with the afro hair, cowbells on chains, ban the bomb logos and flower power clothes

They all looking at Spidey with spaced out eyes and passing what are clearly spliffs to each other!
    Leader speaks again 'HEY MAN ,I DIG THAT CRAZY PYJAMA SUIT!'

Spiderman nods to them any says 'excuse me gents, gotta be going' and starts climbng up the skyscraper

The hippies all loook up at him with little dots for pupils in their eyes and sigh together ' Wow, aint nothing like walking up walls, man'

Anyone else ever see this episode?

(Think nowadays they wouldn't show such drug references in kids entertainment)

Re: Spidey memories

I've got this series on DVD. Now I'm going to have to finally watch it to find out what happens next.
    ^..^

Comment

Working...
    X