Major Morgan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Morgan

Major Morgan was a hand-held electric organ with music cards that you could place on the front and make music with. I had one when I was younger and found it very hard to use. Major Morgan came with around 10 music cards and was shaped like an an army Major.When you slotted a card into Major Morgan the top section had a series of different coloured shapes or numbers in what looked like a random sequence. However, the shapes or colours in the bottom half of Major Morgan, when pressed according to the key sequence would make a tune. Each card was double sided so would contain two songs. However, there was also a blank card so you could make up your own card and record the key sequence.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Major Morgan

"Major Morgan's Organ"

Double entendre lol
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Re: Major Morgan

I did notice the unofficial "bump-up" of this thread earlier on, but decided not to add to it at that point in order to avoid complications. Thank you Twocky for responding.

I never owned a Major Morgan myself, but I do remember the advert circa 1984-1985 which featured a girl in a playground holding one in her hand, skipping around with other children following her. I am certain that the advert was mostly seen on Saturday mornings after No 73 as well. Was it Playskool that made them?

The good old Argos catalogue (when it was around 300 pages long) sold Major Morgan in the toys and games section, circa 1985, around the time when they started to use the "it's so easy" slogan.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
      X