Bean Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean Bags

Remember getting my sister`s old bean bag when she left home. I was about 7 and remember that it orange and sort of shaped like a ball and was massive. Used to love putting it front of the tv and laying on it with my head at one end and feet at other, abit like they do in Charlie Brown. Bought one a few years back from argos and was not impressed as was lucky if I could sit on it let alone lay on it. Either I was really small or things have gotten smaller over the years.

Re: Bean Bags

Bean bags were really popular. I had a Fraggle Rock one but it wasn't very big and I never used it much. It used to leak polystyrene balls all the time and my mum got fed up with it and chucked it out.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

My sister had one for a few years.

She didn't like my Dad sitting in it because she was worried all the balls inside would get crushed. My Mum had to refill it a couple of times.

It might be in my parents loft still.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

cant believe i missed this thread.

i had lots of bean bags small ones big ones etc.
        thing is when i moved around on the big one i started to feel sick the way you do when in a car going down big dips in the road.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My sister had one, & my Dad was banned from sitting on it was she was worried all the beans would be crushed down too much.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When i first left home i had a dark brown cordouroy one...........everyone loved sitting on it .......then one day someone put it too near the fire and some of the polystyrene balls melted and the fabric was singed ..........it was very smelly and was never the same again :cry:

Comment

did you never get another one shilts.

my uncle had a really big one about the size of a real big black bin bag filled with grass.hehe, best i can do to describe its size.

it was light brown, and no sooner had you sat on it to you where sleeping.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              When i first left home i had a dark brown cordouroy one...........everyone loved sitting on it .......then one day someone put it too near the fire and some of the polystyrene balls melted and the fabric was singed ..........it was very smelly and was never the same again :cry:
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Ah the bean bags I'd like to buy another one! The old one I had I remember well..... It was red with thin white stripes. Don't know if I still have it but I had a picture taken of me trying to look dreamy wearing a towelling robe (think it was from Miss Selfridge) covered in lips cuddling a huge teddy that an ex gave me. The Teddy is no longer along with the ex who (in my eyes) was a hunk and is now huge and no hair. He had a cool car (at the time) a Ford Capri which I think he loved more than me and this creepy devil (teddy) that sat in the back window!

Comment

Working...
                X