Denys Fisher Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: haunted house

There were traps in all 4 rooms, all activated by the whammy ball down the chimney, a broomstick, the loose floorboard, the swinging wall and the staircase I think. you were supposed to drop the ball from a certain distance above the chimney otherwise you could direct it you dropped it too close to the chimney.

Comment

I remember Haunted house too!
      weren't there a broom piece and a loose floorboard - little contraptions when the ball went down the chimney
      also weren't the characters 2 boys and 2 girls?
      I had this game in the 70s

Comment

Having always been an ardent horror fan, I used to love playing the Haunted House board game. Remember "Ghoulish Gertie drops it down the chimney". Oh, the memories...

Indeed I do. Ahhh, memories of the early seventies playing this game avidly. Ghoulish Gertie dropping the whammy ball down the chimney and all that ...
        Wirral Writer
        www.alantoner.com

Comment

"Ghoulish Gertie drops it down the chimney" - Now that's a line I haven't heard for a long time and which I'd forgotten about until reading that!

Had the original version when I was young.

Comment

Originally posted by PC66 View Post
            "Ghoulish Gertie drops it down the chimney" - Now that's a line I haven't heard for a long time and which I'd forgotten about until reading that!

Had the original version when I was young.
            Ha, ha, the "Ghoulish Gertie drops it" quote was one of the most memorable in seventies board games.
            Wirral Writer
            www.alantoner.com

Comment

Working...
            X