No announcement yet.

White dog poo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol.......you should've taken a pic of it....I haven't seen it since eehhh back in the 80's!!
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

i was cleaning our back garden last week after all the warm weather and found some white dog poo, my dog is not a poodle so there goes the theory on it coming from poodles it must be to do with the sun!
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Originally posted by childofthe80's
        lol.......you should've taken a pic of it....I haven't seen it since eehhh back in the 80's!!
        That would look so good wouldn't it, going back to take a picture of dog poo with my phone lol

Optimus actually just asked me if I would, too....

Comment

well, see pootle i am not that crazy after all. heehee...so is your husband :P
          All you had to say if someone had've caught you is that you were doing a research project on dog poopies....try to sound real scientific too.

Comment

White dog poo was caused by the level of calcium in old school dog food, in the mid 80's the recipee changed removing most of the Calcium, thus no more(not as much) white dog poo.

Comment

ah ha!! could rudekid be on to something??

Comment

Rude kid you truly are the dog food/white dog poo scientist! I salute you!

Comment

To give life to this old thread Rude Kid is indeed correct. The level of gound up bone in dog food used to be a lot higher than it is now hence the calcification once the poo came out and was exposed to the elements. After the change from bone to presumably some kind of oaty substitue the poos are softer and don't turn white. If you feed your dog with bones or buy dog food from market traders etc you'll probably be getting bone in it which is why some dog poos are still white.

Comment

& which is better for your dog ?
                    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

When I was a littley I used to think the colour of the dog poo denoted the colour of the dog. However as I now have a black and white dog I realise that I was incredibly thick when younger

Comment

Re: White dog poo

Originally posted by remember View Post
                        Can anyone from a hot country confirm this? Do you all get white dog poo!
                        I seem to recall that there aways seemed to be a lot of white dog poo around in summer in New Zealand. It was awful if yoy were mowing the lawn with a motorized lawnmover because if you did not see the poo and ran over it you used to get showered in a cloud of white dog poo powder. It's try white dog poo is very dry and sometimes as powderie as chalk!

Comment

White dog and cat poo.....

What ever happened to all the white dog and cat poo you used to see dried up on a street as a kid? I remember seeing the stuff in the hot summers we used to have.....

Apparently it was the calcium in the water or food that made it turn white....

Ahh.....memories......

Comment

Re: White dog and cat poo.....

I always thought it was down to worms and nowadays people are more careful about worming their pets cos of awareness of causing blindness in kids

But my granny always claimed it was white cos thats how it comes from poodles and thats how you knew someone nearby owned one!
                            Last edited by Danny; 31-03-2008, 15:13. Reason: mis- spelling

Comment

I remember seeing loads of that stuff in the 70s as well! Had to be something in the dog food back then.

Another thing I remember were those black exhaust marks along walls where cars were parked, I used to call them "sooty backfires" lol!

Comment

Back in London in the 70's what we thought was white chalk was in fact poo! There was a lot of it about!

Comment

Working...
                                X