Action Spooky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Spooky

A friend of mine mentioned to me that he remembers back in the early 1970s, a plastic toy skull that came out and was on sale in newsagents etc. The skull came in different colours and when you pressed a button on top its eyes and tongue would protrude, the skull came in a little box with some sweets. The name of this toy was 'Action Spooky', he has asked several people of a similiar age and no one can remember them. Can anyone else remember them or have a picture/ad of them or even have some themselves?

Re: Action Spooky

Very happy to report Retro G finally found his answer. I still search Ebay for this after all these years.At last I can rest on this one. Well Done Retro!!

For more info visit RG's blog http://cobwebbedroom.blogspot.co.uk/
    Heather

Comment

How the hell did you remember this thread? It's 4 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        How the hell did you remember this thread? It's 4 years old.
        I see all and remember all
        Heather

Comment

well done H.
          u never give up and yes it sure is spooky looking.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Thank you so much Huggie74,it was so nice to get a reply from the person who owns the Action Spooky.At least now I know that the toy really did excist and it sure is a cool looking skull and box,love to find one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
              Thank you so much Huggie74,it was so nice to get a reply from the person who owns the Action Spooky.At least now I know that the toy really did excist and it sure is a cool looking skull and box,love to find one myself.
              hawkins bazarr might have something like it.
              the shop has been advertiesd here before.
              maybe huggie can help u out

but yes it is nice and very spooky looking.
              think i had one at one time but not 1 hundred per cent sure.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Seen something like this before but trying to remember where.The popping out eyes bit rings a bell.I don't think I had one myself amongst my skull keyrings and jiggly rubber fair ground skeletons and spiders.Possibly a friend had one at one time or a school mate.There used to be a small time second hand toy seller in Bath about 20 years ago that sold mostly retro items from the 50's through to the 70's so it could of been there.
                I can't see many Action Spooky skulls surviving especially if it was a bubble gum related item.Most probably got thrown away over the years.

It has a very angular almost Aztec look to it.A really cool item indeed.

Comment

Working...
                X