• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trace
    I was born in Shifnal.

God - loved the sugar mice.

Mojo's.
    annisead balls.

Do you remember when you were little Cadbury creme eggs seemed like they were the size of footballs - they seem tiny now....
    Hehe Trace - I saw your other post about the 'he who should not be named' concert with your fiance's mum. we used to take our dog to cannock chase when i was a very little person! i'm glad someone else remembers the sugar mice! and YES! the creme eggs had a similar effect on my stomach to the sugar mice lol!

Comment

How about Hoboes too, toffee and banana flavours half and half, yellow and brown, but Pacers were like mint Opal fruits aka Starburst today, like Marathon has become a Snickers, lol. Then the daddy of all sweets

SPACE DUST!

Comment

hi yeah i remember did,nt the pacers originally be like white and then had the green stipes added.
        also those piggy things loved em,tried to get them but no chance,if i remember right wer,nt they made by burtons ?

Comment

Do you remember when you were little Cadbury creme eggs seemed like they were the size of footballs - they seem tiny now....[/quote

Same thing has happened to Wagon Wheels and Curly Whirlys

Comment

Those long chews were called Splicers, remember them well.
            What happened to the coconut one in Revels? That used to be my favourite apart from the big Galaxy Counter-a-like thats still there now.

Comment

ahh..memories
              sweet cigarettes (hard white variety)
              chocolate cigarettes (inedible waxy chocolate)
              Spangles,Treets,sweet tobacco,Blobs,Banjos,Aztec bars,Milk Tray Bar,Bar Six,Nutty,Caramac (was and still is vile)..I remember them well.
              Does anyone remember the butterscotch bar advertised by Harry Worth??
              or those Uncle Remus kits sold in sweet shops??

Comment

Remember the Uncle Remus kits in the Little Chefs every year we went on holiday me dad would buy them

Comment

Re: Pacers ..... And Sweets Of Youth .

they were a bit like opal mints, and the ad went , step ahead with a pacer mint. salemsmine

Comment

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
                      they were a bit like opal mints, and the ad went , step ahead with a pacer mint. salemsmine
                      I think Pacers replaced Opal Mints, and if memory serves they weren't striped originally, just plain white like Opal Mints.

All this stuff dates us quite accurately, doesn't it. I'm 39, and I'm guessing that's a little older than many posters around here. Some of you young whippersnappers probably don't remember Aquafresh before they added the red stripe, heh!

Comment

Originally posted by landsmith2001 View Post
                        i sure it was called splicer
                        Yeah it was definately a Splicer..they were lovely!
                        ...chilli...

Comment

any photos of splicer

Comment

Working...
                          X